Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Blog Blessed

I've been blessed with the gift of a beautiful (couldn't think of a more beautiful) award from Tricia at It's All About Him. As I tripped on over to the Arte Y Pico (Peak of Art) site my heart just smiled to find myself at a Mexican blog, written in spanish. Here is a translated tidbit from the website (just because I love translating!).

El arte es maravilloso, mas aun cuando se puede compartir con otros.
Art is a marvelous thing, made more marvelous yet when it is shared with others.

This made me smile as I have always considered myself a bit of a dud as an artist, but I do love to paint word pictures, and take pictures, and it warms my heart to know someone sees that as art. If art is an expression of the beauty, struggles and emotions one experiences within, then I guess these words on a screen can also be construed as art. That delights me. Thank you Tricia!

As a recipient of this award, I have been asked to share it with five blogs that bless my life. I don't like to single people out or place anyone on pedestals as I am blessed by kazillions of sources... but I also don't want to kill the award so, without further adieu;



Ann at Holy Experience; Ann is a true artist, *truly* worthy of this beautiful award, she makes me feel like a bumbling first grader when I read her eloquent thoughts and emotions. She challenges me to aim higher with her moving meditations.

Andrea at The Flourishing Mother, she's real, she's beautiful, she's living a parrallel existence and that is comforting to me.

Ree at Confessions of a Pioneer Woman; because she's got grit and spunk and great humour, and her site is a smorgasbord for both the eyes AND the taste buds. Any woman who can love a man covered in manure has got to be a kindred spirit of mine. Not to mention she has mustangs, and cowboys, a bassett hound and Marlboro Man ;)....

Jenni at One Thing; she's raw, she's real, she's REALLY funny, and if she can raise 12 it gives me hope I can raise 5 :D

Gina at Chats with an Old Lady; Gina is that Titus II figure with a passion for God and a desire to see other women in love with Him too and living for His glory. She blesses and challenges and encourages me daily.

7 comments:

Jenni said...

Thank you so much, Prairie chick! You really made my morning. I love reading about your life...your family is beautiful and your words are too!

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

Yours!

Andrea said...

Wow, Praire chick, such kind words.
I am blessed...i needed to be! You have made my afternoon!
Walking this journey with you,
andrea

Joy said...

Yours of course..then In the masters hands.blogspot.com(my sister) fireflies in the garden blogspot(my bf)
Yours is great! I love to read it daily and it helps me also!
Joy

Unknown said...

Thank you! You are sweet to think of me!!!
God Bless.
Thank you for visiting me!!!

Tricia said...

You are welcome Prairie Chick! I am so glad you feel honored and blessed!

I can't wait to check out the blogs you blessed with the award! I do read Chats with an Old Lady, but the others are new to me... I will have to check them out soon!

Blessings!

Ann Voskamp @Holy Experience said...

I blush. ~flaming cheeks~
I don't deserve your words, or this fine, fine company. You are much too kind, Prairie Chick! I am just a farm hick, scratching it down... and am so happy, humbled, to share the walk with a friend like you.

You bless and He gets all the glory!

May He saturate your day with more of Him and His JOY!