Thursday, August 14, 2008

Thankful 256 & Counting

Sowing Seeds of Thankfulness to Reap a Harvest of Happiness.
click to comment
"Meteor shower" - Northern Negev, Israel 13/08/2007 Photo: Stan Mark

I'm thankful for...
  • 256 friends who share their cherries
  • 257 friends who share their hearts and understand mine
  • 258 a new porch
  • 259 evening "sits" on the new porch with Prairie Guy
  • 260 the joy of watching 5 kids shuck peas on my new porch (can you tell I really like this porch)
  • 261 the opportunity to get out in the corral this week to work with Bella and Peso, it's been a long time and this was so therapeutic for me
  • 262 a great husband who rocked and cuddled a fussy baby so I could be out in the corral.
  • 263 potty training success
  • 264 silent ethereal moments after midnight, curled up on (here it comes again) my new porch in a soft velour blanket caught up in God's awesome display of majesty revealed through this annual meteor shower.
Every good thing and every perfect gift is from God. These good gifts come down from the Creator of the sun, moon and stars, Who does not change like their shifting shadows. James 1:17

9 comments:

Denise said...

God has truly poured blessings down upon you sweetie.

Unknown said...

Yes, you are very blessed especially with the porch. I too, am a porch loving, sitting, hanging out, pea shuckin' kind a girl. Love it!

Melanie said...

I'm with you on the porch setting. The one thing I miss with our house is having a nice front porch to hang out on!

Happy Thankful Thursday!

Anonymous said...

Great list....thanks for sharing!
Blessings.
Tracey

Tricia said...

So glad you have a porch now and are enjoying it! We have a screened in porch just off the kitchen and we love it! It was actually cool enough to eat meals out there this past weekend, a nice break from the temperatures in the high 90s.

Blessings!

bp said...

What a sweet list! Congrats on potty training success!

In The Masters Hands said...

Love the picture! I too love a porch, (except for being horseback in a wide open pasture,) nothing is more relaxing than sitting on the porch. Great thankful list! Have a great day. Brandie

Peculiar said...

Thank God for beautiful, peaceful porches where we can take time to get back to the simple life and a little bit of peace!! Yay for you and your new porch!!

Have a great evening.

Berry Girl said...

mmmm - great list PC. I'll be thankfully pitting the cherries you gave me this afternoon....or I'll be sleeping....hmmmm....