Friday, May 16, 2008

Celebrating Spring

Of Family, Friends, Fun and Fellowship
So last saturday we celebrated our annual spring treasure hunt, the one I boycott at Easter because 1. I am a non-conformist who despises the syncretism of mish-mashing the death and resurrection of our Lord with bunnies and eggs and chocolate (no offense intended to those who see things differently).... and 2. because when we celebrate the wonderful gift of spring, I want it to actually BE spring. (We still have snow and brown and freezing winds at Easter).

Ahem. Stepping off my soap box now to say I had such a wonderful time preparing this special hunt for my kids and a few neighbour friends they invited over, I can't think of a nicer way to enjoy the mother's day weekend than just enjoying the ones who have *made* me a mother. I had found some wonderful Easter Confetti Musical Globes at the second hand store a few weeks before (someone must have paid 10-15 bucks for these new at Easter and I managed to get them for 2 bucks a pop a few weeks later, another bonus to celebrating things in post dated fashion ;-)

Anyway, a wonderful time was had by all, and if you live in my approximate vicinity mark the saturday of mother's day weekend on your calendar for next year and plan to be part of the fun!













2 comments:

Tricia said...

What a wonderful idea, I just may have to do that next year!

I bet you are a wonderful mother and your children just adore you!

Have a blessed weekend!

Unknown said...

Oh Tricia.... no wonder-mother awards on my mantle... I'd be happy if I qualified for honorable mention! And if my kids adore me (which I hope they do!) it's merely due to the fact that their little souls are so easily pleased. God knows we have the same moments of chaos and breakdowns as the next family... I just like to focus on the positive ;-P