Thursday, May 22, 2008

Thankful 120 & Counting

Sowing Seeds of Thankfulness to Reap a Harvest of Happiness.

120. For fresh cut grass and budding trees, Father I thank you,
For rich black soil and vegetable seeds, Father I thank you.

121. For peony shoots and day lily sprouts, Father I thank you,
For a yard that rings with kids happy shouts, Father I thank you.

122. For friends who rejoice at the birth of my babe, Father I thank you,
For family close by to help celebrate, Father I thank you.

123. For home cooked Italian cuisine every day, Father I thank you,
For a husband who blesses me in so many ways, Father I thank you.

124. For a nine year old daughter so tender and sweet, Father I thank you
For a 6 year old daughter whose humor can't be beat, Father I thank you.

125. For a 4 year old son who chatters away, Father I thank you
For a 2 year old son who'd snuggle all day, Father I thank you.

126. or my smallest sweet babe, two weeks old today, Father I thank you
For Your love and mercy, new with each day, Father in heaven I thank you.

Every good thing and every perfect gift is from God. These good gifts come down from the Creator of the sun, moon and stars, Who does not change like their shifting shadows. James 1:17

Care to join me in giving thanks to the Giver of Good Gifts today?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning to you Mrs.Prairie,
Thank you for this thought that now will be w/ me today as I listen to "Great is thy Faithfulness"! What a blessing your blog has been. I am thankful to have "come across it" while reading another! (God's work!) (smile) I also, was blessed and challenged to remember...our happiness is a choice! We yes, can choose to grump & moan at the not so sunny aspect of our daily life/ surroundings...however we can choose to be "thankful" for the "What it is" & "Not what it isn't"! I am always so to speak...cheered up by your writtings, and it causes me to re-think "MY" attitudes many times. I can tell by the ages of children, I am some older than you & I remember having 5 sweet ones at those similar ages and no everyday is not a fairytail, so I know it is OUR CHOICE! So, I am glad for God's using your words to snap me to reality...I am coming up from a lil'visit to a valley...and praise HIM for the lessons if you will-today! Have a great day, God bless you & yours and hey, when do you sleep? (smile) You are always on the go! because of Him,
small town Momma of 8 blessings

Anonymous said...

Happy TT!
I am thankful for my sweet babe that woke me at 5:00am this morning,thankful that even though I didn't get much rest I still feel rested Thank you heavenly Father! I am thankful today for my sweet hour of prayer and that one day it shall cease and I shall shout while passing through the air farewell sweet hour of prayer. I am thankful that I can bring my heavy heart to the Lord this morning. Thanking him for yet another day of precious life with my husband my three children and my family! For not today but tomorrow my dear beloved childhood friend must bury her 7 year old son victim of an awful car wreck, while her and her other child are still in intensive care at the hospital and will not be able to attend her precious babies funeral. I am thankful that even in times of mourning I can say THANK YOU heavenly Father for children and the joy they bring THANK YOU for the privilege of being called a mother and THANK YOU for another day that I am allowed to spend with mine. Thank you for my time with them thank you for allowing me to have and hold them today. THank you for my youngest who is staring up at me while I type this holding her baby. Thank you for my oldest that is sound asleep in her bed looking like a angel. THank you for my middle one and only son who is also fast alseep in his bed, with his arms and legs stretched out like his father. THANK YOU for in all things I am blessed beyond all measure, but most of all I am blessed because HE(God) is mine and I am his!
please keep my friend in your prayers today.
Joy

Addicted to Beadz said...

Great post. We have so much to be thankful for. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Momma of 8, I am glad that you are blessed here, I am blessed here as well, and your comments are part of that blessing, thank you!

Joy, your name is so fitting, you exude joy, even in the midst of trials. I litterly got a shiver of delight when I read your words about passing through the air and the farewell to the hour of prayer, and then a cold chill when I read about your friend and her suffering and loss. Oh Lord, only You can comfort and give strength in times like these, we lift this woman up to You and pray that You would carry and sustain her and be her Life. I just love having you here Joy, and am thankful to be able to share in your joys and trials.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much prairie chick! You are such a blessing to me I hope when we get on the other side of Jordan we will meet! I am so blessed daily by your site. It feels great to know other christian women in the world go though the same things daily that I do. I love your site and tell everyone about it that I can! Thanks for all you do! I hope you are getting rest with the little one. I can't believe you are still posting right now! I love it though!

i said...

That is such a beautiful list! Thanks for sharing. Have a blessed weekend!

Ann said...

What a blessing new life, both in your family and outside, is! Thanks for sharing a great list.

Denise said...

Such a precious post, bless you sweetie.

southmsmomof4 said...

Such a beautiful poem/post. So much to be thankful for, you are blessed:)Italian food everyday...wow. Definitely thank worthy;-)(one of my fav foods)
Have a great weekend in Christ Jesus.
Stacy