Behold she takes the stage
Bedecked in mauves of bold outrage
With trailing scarves of lavender
A flush on her cheeks, her dark lashes sink
above lips painted petulant pink.
Her spirit is heated, her passion fast meted
She has only one moment to please.
Her seconds of glory, so quick you'll be sorry, as she sinks in a curtsey and flees.
Pictures and poetry by Prairie Chick, all rights reserved
11 comments:
Your a real poet with your photography and your writng:) Ahh yes, a quiet spirit!
love it...
Okay... heading north right now. Ha ha!
Gorgeous, again - the photos and words.
Blessings!
(PS - Load up the Suburban and come anytime. Skip the camper - we've got room for you!)
So incredibly beautiful Prairie Chick. The Lord has blessed you with such gifts and you bless us in your sharing. Thanking Him for you.
Noreen
This was just wonderful! Publish your poetry and photos sometime. They will make a great coffeetable book.
Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
Wow! love it! You are a real poet for sure!
Wow, you make me want to move up there and enjoy all that gorgeous scenery! Your poetry is amazing.
WOW!!! those pictures are just amazing!!!! Breath taking!!!!
I love clouds.
Such gorgeous pictures! What a blessing to see a beautiful sunset like that.
Blessings,
Krista
Oh I miss the prairies!!! I remember those sunsets. I grew up in Calgary.
(I found you via The Flourishing Mother).
Post a Comment