Thursday, November 20, 2008

I........

am... saved. from myself. from my enemy. from the power and debt of sin.

I want... to live accordingly.

I have... too much. stuff in my cupboards. clothes in my closet. weight on my body, stuff in my basement. no matter how much I try to simplify and downsize, it continues to be too. much.

I wish... I were a double A, and I'm not talkin' sports.

I know... I am loved.

I hate... clutter

I fear... something tragic and painful happening to one of my children.

I hear... Peace is Here (Jars of Clay)

I crave... real mozzarella, the squishy, soft, juicy kind.

I search... for the matching pair to 30 odd socks... always.

I always... think.

I usually... think too much.

I am not... competitive

I miss... vineyards and olive groves, Tuscan hills and yellow sunflowers all visible from the windows of my home.

I love... life. it's precious.

I never... look back.

I rarely... get offended.

I cry... easily. reading, watching movies, listening to music, singing in church, at weddings, at baptisms, at funerals, talking about sweet things, funny things, sad things, looking at someone I love. simply put I'm just a big cry baby.

I lose... socks. but I think I've already mentioned that.

I should... go to bed earlier. and get up earlier.

I worry... that despite all my devotion to make the most of each fleeting moment, the moments are just that... fleeting.

I dream... of the day that the clouds will part and the trump will sound and I will see Him and know Him even as I am known.

I was... tagged for this by Berry Girl. If you think this would be a fun exercise, (it was for the record), then consider yourself tagged! I try to follow you all in google reader, or click through to you once a week through the posse links, so I'll keep my eyes peeled. Such a fun and simple way to get to know each other a bit better.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fascinating. I knew from the first post of yours I read that I would like you, but now I'm worried it's a reflection of my selfishness or ego because I could have written all but about 3 of those! :) Saved. Grateful. Clutter. Socks. Jars of Clay. Go to bed earlier. Get up earlier. On and on! But, I am actually quite competitive. ;-) Oh and I never lived in Italy...

Katrina said...

Wow, this definatly helped me to get to know you better. I, too, could say a lot of the same things, except Italy... and socks, although the sock thing is starting as my three boys get older!
I just might do this... I'm not sure...

Della said...

WE do not lose socks...socks run away. To that magical land somewhere between the rinse and spin cycle and the permanent press auto fluff setting. Do not be downcast about the socks, it is out of our hands. I even put mine in one of those meshy lingerie bags and they STILL find a way to get loose. Oh well...be super blessed today!

Chris said...

ahhhh... yes. To know that you actually envy us of the land of the concave chests. :D I love your enjoyment of life, your striving to be ultra-organized so that you can enjoy life, and the importance you have on relationships. You are so loved, and so lovely. May you be blessed today, and may you find 3 missing socks.

ps. - we won't even care about our socks in heaven.

Anonymous said...

love this...must take on this adventure...

no socks to worry about in heaven..whee

waiting for the clouds to part and that trump to sound myself...sweet sister....maranatha, come, Lord Jesus

Jenni said...

Oh, I like this one. I relate to almost all of yours, and had to laugh at the double A comment, because I would LOVE that to be so in my own life too! Ah, to be able to run and frolic like a little kid again...

DayPhoto said...

Aren't you a special person! I really enjoyed reading this MEME.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Linda said...

This was a great way to get to know you just a little better. I can identify with so many of those things. The one that really made me smile is the cheese one. My husband has been on the hunt for real Provolone cheese for weeks now. They suddenly stopped carrying the brand he loves in our local supermarkets. He had a heart to heart with the manager this week and is ever hopeful that it will reappear in the cheese department.
I envy you your time spent in Italy. I really would love to go some day and visit the places my grandparents called home. I'm sure there is family there, but I don't know any of them. Some day....

NanaNor's said...

I loved reading all these things about you. Thank you for your honesty and humility with us. Be blessed this day in Him.

Berry Girl said...

lol - who knew flat chestedness was enviable ;) I suddenly feel better about my less-than-A-cup (lol)
Love it. glad you did it. I just find this fun to do and to think about, even if the answers would be different on any given day...
and we just allow our kids to run around with slightly mismatched socks (hey, if they're both blue-ish, or white-ish, then no problem if the stripes don't quite match...)

Andrea said...

Am I part of the posse?? =)
I hope.
Loved your list here.
I never hold on to my 30 odd socks here b/c I just throw them away if I can't find the match!! Is that terrible?? or efficient? =)

Tricia said...

I love this, this is a meme that I really like... we have lots in common, some of my answers could have been the same as yours! I have done this and set it to post tomorrow morning (Monday), thanks for sharing!

Blessings!