First things first. A favorite cuppa this
then grab these
to spend some lovely quiet time here
after which I head out to feed this little jigger
while warding off this not so little jigger
then pick some of this
to make some of this
hang a little of this
cut a little of this
and this
and this
and if I want to rack up some brownie points with my husband this
then weed a little of this
and this
and this
then pour myself a glass of this
and sit back down in this
and wait for my dragon slayer to pull up
when the fun really begins.
and of course these pictures don’t really do any justice to the faces I washed, the teeth I brushed, the bums I wiped, the mouths I fed, the stories I read, the rooms I cleaned and the people I loved. But it’s a snapshot I thought you might enjoy.
27 comments:
I loved it!!! You live in a very beautiful little corner of the world (although I'm sure it doesn't seem all that little while you're cutting all that grass).
The whole time, though, I kept wondering where all the little munchkins were.
ha ha! good question, especially since there were 2 (for a short time 3) other kiddos around today as well. For the morning pics they were sleeping, then they were doing chores, then the younger ones were napping while the older ones were off exploring in the back 40. Sometimes it amazes me how peaceful it can be around here with 7 kids on the go.
I loved it, too.
Full days - beautiful!
oh, my goodness. I'm comin' over!
"peaceful" and "7 kids on the go" do not belong in a sentence together ;)
Nice. Verrrrry nice. Especially that Chai. yummmm.
well, notice I said SOMETIMES. come on over and test it. with yours and mine that would be seven, and I'm pretty sure we'd soak up some peace. They keep each other busy and free us up to putter n' putz.
very lovely snapshot. I LOVE that clothesline...very beautiful linens. Glad to share some lemonade today... you have a way of making the ordinary into something wonderful. Thanks!
Love it Nichole!
Enjoyed greatly:) Such lovely pictures! I always love your pictures of clothing on the line. So full and beautiful your days look... the pictures are beautiful:)
If Laura comes, can I come along, too?
Smiling wide here....
OH! I absolutely loved this! It makes me want to start blogging again :-). Your home & land is absolutely gorgeous, you have been so blessed! And the clothesline...beautiful. I have patio furniture that is wicker & the same color as yours & just love sitting out on the back porch with the Bible or a book...so cozy. I have to admit it made me LOL when I read the line "& wait for my dragon slayer to get home" & the next pic is him on a motorcycle, LOL :-).
that's what I meant about the fun really beginning. He fiddles with The Hero's teensy weensy dirtbike and then scoots around on it to see how it's running. Cracks me totally up.
I LOVE how peaceful it all looks...so beautiful to stop by and catch a breath of fresh air!! Hope all is well with your sweet family!
Beautiful! And so gloriously green to a desert girl like me :)
Dear Dutchy,
Great pictures. Wish we could come by for a cup of coffee, sit with you guys and bring up some good memorys with much gezelligheid... :-)
Greatings from us all. René
How sweet! Love your clothes line and your little jigger!
Great pics! Hope you all are well, I rarely ever get time to drop by anymore..but looks like your still at it and doing great!
Joy
Just sticking my head through the bushes and saying "hey, sit down and rock some more, you are making me tired!" Oh, how I do miss the chores of one's own home. At least in this creek side, country rental, I have read way more than I ever imagined possible.
Blessings.
I love a freshly mowed yard and a freshly weeded garden...I love beauty mixed with function...I must get that from my Father!
It's good to remember that all the beauty in those photos reflects a lot of hard work!
My aging parents live on a 60-acre farm, so my brother and I are contemplating whether we should try to keep the land. If so, one of us should probably move to it, live on it, work it, *mow* it.
Your photos remind me of what I know from growing up there...that there's the beauty...and the work.
I somehow clicked something that put me up as anonymous. That last comment and this one were from Ann Kroeker.
I'm tired out just looking at all of those pics!
Thank you for sharing your day in this way! I could almost imagine myself there, which was a lovely thought indeed. We loooong for an acreage, but it gladdens my heart that you have one and appreciate it so...
I loved the pictures you posted... You are a busy gal.
Be Blessed
Amy
Very enjoyable! Ta!!!
GASP! What a gorgeous clothesline! That looks prettty enough to paint!
Love your story in snapshots!
Sweet dreams.
Post a Comment