Okay, so I've turned into one of "those" bloggers. Those non-blogging-bloggers. Eek. I have contemplated shutting down, just because (the perfectionist in me says) I'm not blogging with any regularity, partially on purpose, but the other half of me (the non perfectionist half) says, "aw, what the heck, just leave it there and use it when you want to." Cool. I'm cool with that. I think I am mellowing out as I age, and that is a real. good. thing.
Had a few rough days there, November can sometimes arrive accompanied by sneak panic attacks warning me that depression could just be looming behind any given door, waiting to catch me unawares. I think it has to do with the short days, less time outside, less sunlight and fresh air. Accompanying a dear friend through some struggles that she is facing, and fearing for her as I watch her teeter on the edge of her own depression brought me to a bit of a shaky place myself. I started keeping a journal for her, with words of encouragement, hope and experience, and it has been therapeutic for me as well as I remember the faithfulness of God to carry me through the dark times and prove Himself true and able.
I just realized I didn't post an update after going for my ultrasound on the 29th of October but happily, thankfully, that pesky placenta has moved into its proper position and I am good to go. The lab tech was not able to get a good enough view of the area in question to tell us the sex of the baby, so we're going to get a surprise. Got a girl's name all picked out from start to finish but drawing blanks on the boys (gee, we've already used up 7 boys names, it starts to get tough!).
'Tis the season, once again, and while I know my American friends are gearing up for Thanksgiving this week, we are already steeped in preparations for advent. Oh, how I love this season. Any season really, it is so good to contemplate the gifts He gives in each season of life.
So although you might not see me much right here, you will probably catch a glimpse of me a litle more often over here as I don my apron and make merry in the kitchen with my girls. Today it's easy breezy graham fudge. Oh yeah. Second batch this year. Eek.
10 comments:
Some of us really miss you sweet girl and are happy to hear from you whenever you have a free moment (and I understand how infrequently those show up). I'm especially happy that all is well with you and that little one. Praise and thanks!
I'm looking forward to advent too! The little girl in me is jumping up and down already!!
Much love to you.
nice to see something here finally :) Still thanking God for the great improvement in your pregnancy - so very thankful for that.
I'm behind in my Advent preparations...I always wait too long to get the candles. The right colors are always gone by the time I think of it. :)
May you be filled with hope and joy!
Hello friend! Was pumped to read this when I saw it pop up and so glad to hear things are going better for you and babe! I think most bloggers have a not much really season, no worries about space in between, just so glad to hear how you are doing when you can share.
So good to see you in my reader again.
Also good to hear your update on the pregnancy. And I do hope you're able to post from time to time. Miss you!
Welcome back! I'm glad all is going well with you and the little one. Take care, God bless and keep through the winter months, and post when you WANT to.
Dearest Nichole,
It was real nice to hear from you. I too have turned into one of those bloggers, one who misses blogging but feels her season with her babies is growing much too short. I’m still amazed at how much we have in common although we have never met. I’ll continue to pray for you and I’m thankful you will continue to blog when you want to. Thanks again for your honesty and for sharing yourself with others. You are a blessing to so many.
I miss you but totally get why you might be posting infrequently. It's good to hear the update and we'll be waiting for that season in your life when/if you decide it's time to blog again!
Have a wonderful Advent season!
Glad to get an update! So thankful you are doing better and all is well with the baby! Wishing you lots of "sunny" days whether the sun shines or not! Wishing you a VERY merry Christmas! Hope you have a wonderful month of December!
Joy
Hello, I had not been by in quite a while as you will see from my next statement... Congratulations, I will be praying for smooth sailing from here on out and a easy and quick delivery. How wonderful.
HUGS
Amy
Post a Comment