1 can evaporated milk
1 1/4 cup sugar
dissolve sugar in milk, cool, voila. Saves paying that extra buck they charge you at the grocery store.
alternatively, if you don't even have evaporated milk on hand (which I often don't, it's not a staple around here and I tend to only replace staples) you can simmer 2 cups milk until reduced to 60% and then add sugar. Even cheaper!
It's Christmas Baking Season around here. I will put up my easy breezy graham fudge recipe later today after it cools and I can snap some pics.
2 comments:
Brilliant! I have many times had to delat making a recipe because I didn't have one or the other. Who knew it was so easy to make your own?
I was just thinking about this the other day. I thought surely there is a way to make this stuff home made. :)
Post a Comment