Thursday, September 11, 2008

The Call of Fall

There's a nagging voice inside my head urging me to hurry

Nature's clock is ticking while Old Man Winter crouches impatiently at the door.

But the call of fall rings louder. It beckons from the billowing clouds.

and echoes across the vast expanses of newly gleaned fields.

It says; "Stop... savor. You know I can't stay long.

Blink your eyes and I'll be gone."

Oh glorious days of Autumn fleeting. You win of course.

I abandon the apples on the bough,
the best of intentions to work right now
and relish your sweet presence.
Pictures and Poetry by Prairie Chick, all rights reserved

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautifully done and I loved the photographs. You are so right.

Della said...

Those pictures are fabulous! I feel you angst. Who wants to do work with fall on the way! Soon it will be winter and that whole seasonal depression thing will set in and cabin fever will take over. There's plenty of time to do all that other stuff! I say get out there and enjoy what God's blessed you with!

Shosannah said...

Enjoy ~
Beautiful pictures of such blessings.
:0)
Suzy

Berry Girl said...

too awesome. I love Fall - I think it's my favorite time of year. I like cutting back all my perennials and cleaning up my flower beds, making things look "neat" (which is ironic, b/c I'm going for that messy English-Country-Garden-look lol)

Chris said...

This is the essence of Mary's persona... she lingers and savors because Her Saviour won't be staying long. Beautiful.

Mac an Rothaich said...

Lovely. Your girls are growing more beautiful all the time:)

Jenni said...

Way to seize the day...

Absolutely love the 5th and 6th pictures, especially.

Anonymous said...

yes, me too....dancing with the wind and the apple-scented air...resting in the sunshine, drinking, drinking, before the days are gone.

kindred spirit here...

Anonymous said...

What beauty! Thank you for sharing!

LindaGay
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Linda said...

beautiful beautiful beautiful!!

Leanne said...

Fall and winter are my favorite times of the year! Especially FALL. Just the mention of the word stirs up wonderful feelings, smells and memories!!
Beautiful, beautiful pictures!
Leanne

Dawn said...

Beautiful pictures! Love your header, too.

Blessings!
Dawn

Farmchick said...

Absolutely beautiful....brought tears to my eyes it did!

Tricia said...

Once again, absolutely beautiful, refreshing and peaceful...

I am catching up on my blog reading, didn't have lots of time, looks like I missed a lot :)

Anonymous said...

This is truly beautiful. I share your sentiments totally! Both photos and words brought tears to my eyes. You have a beautiful way of looking at life, Prairie Chick.

Thank you,
Susan