Monday, September 22, 2008

Perfect Day

Did have this raring to go yesterday evening but forgot to post it! Dawn, your words just made me feel loved! All is well. Very well. Here is how well.
What you get when you add.....

First Day of Fall

+ First day of school

+ Snuggles and cuddles with kids and great books once again

+ An hour playing family decorators with the fall decorations tote


+ A delicious harvest supper of farm chicken, sweet corn (may I please have some more of your AMAZING corn Mommy?" courtesy of 6 year old), and "May I please have some more of your AMAZING "Squashed" Potatoes, Mommy." (squashed=mashed in 4 year old lingo)

+ A little boy who cleared the table, two girls who washed the dishes and a Daddy who swept the floor while Mommy made....

+ Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds

+ Homemade Spiced Pumpkin Latte


+ "Homeward Bound" Family Movie

+ A late night scrapbooking session with my dear friend where I get to implement my new (in March... where did the time GO??) photo lab.

= The Perfect Day.

9 comments:

Mac an Rothaich said...

Sounds cozy... lovely:)

Dawn said...

Yes, you're right... all was very well in your world! Sounds like you had a near perfect day.

Will you share your homemade spiced pumpkin latte recipe?

Blessings!

Chris said...

YAY! First day of schooling! I'm excited for you, and happy the day went so wonderful! Ha ha ha... you are terrific... you even have a "fall tote!!! (that's tremendous, in my books... the only decor change I ever do is Christmas... and sometimes the change is in March!!!)

Looking forward to that recipe too.

Berry Girl said...

Fall Tote indeed - you're my hero (lol) I'm with Chris - and I STILL have Christmas decorations up in the basement (*snort*) so you can see how "decor-savvy" we are around here... :)

Unknown said...

The Pumpkin spice latte recipe is now available for your personal fall pleasure....

http://theprairiepantry.blogspot.com/2008/09/pumpkin-spice-latte.html

and the decorating *sounds* more Martha Steward and romanticized than it is... I mean, hard as it is for me, I let the kids do the window arrangements (okay, so I tweaked the dining room, do you think they noticed? Can you spell D-E-C-0-R-A-T-I-N-G C-O-N-T-R-O-L F-R-E-A-K?) I'm working on it. I did let them decorate the tree last year, although I admit to giving them one "style" of decoration at a time and coaching them to "spread them evenly". Hey... it's progress!

Jenni said...

Oh good! I see you linked the recipe in the comments. I was just coming to ask.

Psst! I'm a decorating control freak, too. I let the kids put ornaments on our tree, but then rearrange them when no one is looking. The girls like to hang the ornaments, but they look at it too much as something to check off of their list. This is the way they seem to approach any artistic endeavor. It makes me crazy. My artistic 14yods gets carried away with making little scenes with the ornaments and taking pictures. I try my best to just enjoy doing this with them, but at some point I have to chase them away to do something else so I can "fix" it:o)

It does sound like you had a perfect day! Off to have a peek at that recipe now!

Linda said...

Oh, it sounds perfect to me. The pictures are, as always, just beautiful. Enjoy these lovely days! I am living fall vicariously through your blog right now because it is a sunny day and the temperature is 90 degrees. Not very fall-like :-)

Tricia said...

Sounds wonderful, I had one of those days yesterday... and the effects are still lingering with all of us... just wonderful!

Blessings!

Aimee said...

Don't know if my comment made it or not, but I said...
AWESOME AWESOME DAY!!! :) Sounds so wonderful and fun and perfect...going to go read your latte recipe now for some further autumn inspiration!