
Or is it? Sounds good doesn't it? Think about it carefully. Prepare yourself to get schmucked upside the head, in a really good way and read THIS book. I could say so much. I have wanted to say so much as I have read and re-read this book. I have wanted to do a chapter by chapter light bulb moment play by play, but in wanting to share so much I have held off sharing at all because I didn't have time to put into words all the great insights I have been pondering via Leslie's message.
A few thoughts to tickle your tastebuds.
Parenting is not our greatest calling. Living lives that glorify God and love Him above all is.
Think about this. God calls Himself Father, to Israel, and to the Church. He has faced disappointment, rejection, frustration, sorrow, you name it, as His children rebelled, tested, and ignored His counsel. Can we expect perfection in our own parenting tecqniques when God Himself shows us that parenting is only ONE side of the equation?
These are only summary thoughts from the first TWO chapters. The book is FULL of practical, freeing, inspiring truths that will help you gain clear insight into what parenting is all about, and what it isn't. I can't recommend it highly enough.
Thank you, Leslie, for the gift of your book, and for the gift of your words that serve to build up, encourage and equip us as Christian parents.
7 comments:
Sounds good. Added it to my amazon wish list;)
Thanks for sharing this book. I'll be visiting my favorite bookstore (Borders) next week. I'll definitely look for it there.
I'm in such a dry spell as far as good reading goes. I'll be glad to try out this book. This parenting statement is one we mothers throw around pretty easily without thinking about what we are really saying. I'm looking forward to reading this.
Wow this sounds like a good read. Thanks for the review.
This is added to my wish list! I am longing for some time to just sit and read... I have several books I am working through, and several I want to read. Blessings to you and yours!
Living for Him.
Loving Him.
With everything I've got.
That's what He wants.
What I want too.
Sweet dreams.
Good one on "Parenting Is Your Highest Calling." and it helps a lot.
If you are a person who want to learn about parenting and love your family then you should enjoy the content of this blog http://todayscliche.com/. Because I did and hope you would love too.
You have a nice blog. Keep up the good work.
Thanks,
mark
Post a Comment