Monday, November 30, 2009

The Good Book

58600_4561

'Tis the good reader that makes the good book;

in every book he finds passages

which seem confidences

or asides

hidden from all else

and unmistakably meant for his ear;

the profit of books

is according to the sensibility of the reader;

the profoundest thought or passion

sleeps as in a mine,

until it is discovered by an equal mind and heart.

...ralph waldo emerson

6 comments:

Berry Girl said...

ooooh. I like that!

Mac an Rothaich said...

Wow, now that was a great quote!

Unknown said...

Love it!

outdoor.mom said...

i love your last couple of posts :-) Very inspiring! I'm just catching up on my reading. Thanks for your faithfulness to always lead us toward The Father.

Anonymous said...

I am go glad books aren't fattening...or I would be a pig ready for slaughter!

The wealth of good books...yummy!

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

Way cool.