"It is so beautiful to be loved as Laurie loves me. He isn't sentimental, doesn't say much about it, but I see and feel it in all he says and does, and it makes me so happy and so humble that I don't seem to be the same girl I was.
I never knew how good and generous and tender he was till now, for he lets me read his heart, and I find it full of noble impulses and hopes and purposes, and am so proud to know it's mine.
He says he feels as if he “could make a prosperous voyage now with me aboard as mate, and lots of love for ballast'. I pray he may, and try to be all he believes me, for I love my gallant captain...”
Amy, Good Wives… Louisa May Alcott
4 comments:
Hi sweet Chick,
Read your mid-term report.
Love it!
And your dragon slayer? What a man!
No wonder you love him so much.
Sweet dreams.
I'm in the middle of "Little Women" right now. I had to read it again after reading all your great quotes. I didn't even know of this other book. I must look for it.
I have really enjoyed your series sweet girl. Just beautiful....
what a great job you are doing!! As I read down, I love the direction that you're taking. Keep on with it!! What wonderful pearls to impart into other wives. As always, you're content is exceptional.
sigh....
Post a Comment