I cry your mercy–
pity–
love…
aye, love!
Merciful love that tantalizes not,
One-thoughted,
never-wandering,
guileless love,
Unmasked,
and being seen–
without a blot.
O! let me have thee whole,
–all–
all–
be mine!
That shape,
that fairness,
that sweet minor zest
Of love,
your kiss,–
those hands,
those eyes divine,
That warm,
white,
lucent,
million-pleasured breast,–
Yourself–
your soul–
in pity give me all.
Withhold no atom’s atom or I die…
John Keats
Now if that’s not enough to cause a girl to sigh, I don’t know what is. What a gift is this love! What a visual of the love He has for us and desires from us (minus the pity and mercy on His behalf of course). It leaves me rather… breathless.
“Were the whole realm of nature mine,
That were a present far too small;
Love so amazing, so divine,
Demands my soul, my life, my all.”
That were a present far too small;
Love so amazing, so divine,
Demands my soul, my life, my all.”
Isaac Watts, 1707
4 comments:
For the record... this post was sitting in my Windows Live Writer waiting to be edited/posted, but it's a stark reminder of the roller coaster ride of human existenced. When I wrote this I was "enraptured" with all thoughts beautiful. Today? PMS. Maaaaaaaajor PMS. The kind of PMS that makes me want to take a screwdriver and slash away at that heart in the tree just to let out my inner aggression. You know how it is. (Tell me you know how it is....) Just keepin' it real :)
Ooooh yes....I KNOW how it is~! At least this gives hope that even in the depths and valleys of the nasty PMS roller coaster, or in my case today, winter blues and a killer sick migraine, that beauty will come again and I will feel like a human being again. Maybe even (I hope) as soon as tomorrow.
Oh yes, I do know how it is. Nevertheless - that is just purely beautiful!
my soul..my life..my all...
sigh...
I despise PMS...i really, truly do!
Post a Comment