Bale jumping looks like fun. Of course if anybody could taint the sport by killing themselves or breaking a leg, it would be me. I think I'll leave bale jumping and all other such things to the ones who do it the best...kids. Have a great day P-chick!
ah, haybales. I don't think I have been on a haybale since my engagement photos... I was wearing a backless halter dress and all went fine until I had to be assisted off the bale. Something went wrong and somehow my back wound up being rubbed down the haybale on the way by. I was itchy for a week. lol. ahhh, haybales. nope. Definitely have not been on a haybale since.
Great pictures! I remember we used to do the very same thing! We played on hay bales for hours on end as a child! We built "houses" "forts" and all other sorts on things on them, we had so much fun growing up on a farm I am so thankful for the Lord allowing me to be raised on a farm! Brings back so many fond memories. We used to have a horse that would jump hay bales as well..talk about crazy! We would laugh and laugh for hours! Looks like you are having great weather and great fun! Have a great day! Joy
Amen to that sister. I love the small joys of life and I enjoy watching my children enjoy them (o: I need a new camera. I never seem to win Pioneer Womans camera give (o: What do you have?
It's funny...I was thinking about Laura Ingalls Wilder even as I was looking at the photos, before I got to the quote at the bottom. Someday I am going to get a big girl camera so I can take great photos like these.
Oh the joys of farm living! My brothers and I used to do that for hours. You have added cheer to my day with a sweet memory and encouragement to love the little things!
*Della*... I actually did break a leg hay jumping as a kid! Only I was jumping out of a barn into a "pile" of hay, without knowing that there was a solid bale *underneath* hidden inside the pile. Oh man... painful times.
*Lorchik*... oh, the scrapes and itchiness of hay, I hear ya. Oh do I hear ya.
*Dawn*... my oldest daughter was NOT dressed appropriately. I tell you , first hint of slightly warm weather around here and the kids are begging to put on their bathing suits and run through the sprinklers! The ground was still frozen for crying out loud! I think she changed pretty fast though and noone has caught a cold... yet.
*Grammy*... My camera is nothing fancy. Really, I think you could get it for under 300.00 now. It's a Canon Powershot. I really wish I could find my user manual because I really need to learn about aperture, but alas, I can't find it.
*Kimberly*... I had to go back and see what was so funny, I couldn't remember be funny, I was dead serious. But I do see the funny side to it now that you brought it up, *grin*.
*Jenn*.... I just took a peek at your profile and girl, I *love* you! We have oodles in common, and I just loved reading through your profile info. I'm headin' right over to check out your blog now.
I grew up climbing on square bales. They made the switch to round bales while I was in college. And, yes, I confirm the itchiness. On the other hand, a wagon full of cotton is almost Heaven.
Bale jumping used to make me uneasy. I was afraid we'd be sitting in an ER if they kept it up. But, although I was never so nimble; they were amazingly adept and it did make for fantastic pictures! Those are some of my all-time favorites because they looked so athletic, robust and glad to be who they were and where they were. Your comments on my blog yesterday were greatly appreciated! Thanks for visiting! May we ABOUND in Christ (even if we can't leap roundbales)!
Wow! These pics are pure poetry. I love them. And I'd be dyin' of fear every day if Rachel had these kind of "jungle gyms" to play on. She has no fear and plenty of ideas. Once we had a load of gravel delivered for the drive. She ran and got her sled and played all day. These days she's building a rocket. If it gets too scary for me I think I'll run to the feed store and buy a couple of these bales. What does one order -- extra large jumping rolls? Too cute!
So reminds me of my childhood. I loved bale jumping as a kids. We also jumped through the hay door on the second floor of the barn into piles of hay below.
I also baled hay as a teenager but don't have loving memories of that part :o)
26 comments:
oh that is FABULOUS!! Love the pics. i wish my camera could do that. those are just peachy neato!
What a great post to wake up to!! Great photos/quote, awesome! Have a good day!
Bale jumping looks like fun. Of course if anybody could taint the sport by killing themselves or breaking a leg, it would be me. I think I'll leave bale jumping and all other such things to the ones who do it the best...kids. Have a great day P-chick!
ah, haybales. I don't think I have been on a haybale since my engagement photos... I was wearing a backless halter dress and all went fine until I had to be assisted off the bale. Something went wrong and somehow my back wound up being rubbed down the haybale on the way by. I was itchy for a week. lol.
ahhh, haybales.
nope. Definitely have not been on a haybale since.
Amen!
So, I have to ask...
Two kids are dressed in jeans and jackets, one is dressed in shorts and a tank top. Who is dressed appropriately?
Either way, it's obvious they're enjoying the snow-free outdoors!!!
Blessings!
Awesome, awesome pictures!! ...I'm still holding out for that new camera we talked about...sigh... ;)
Great pictures! I remember we used to do the very same thing! We played on hay bales for hours on end as a child! We built "houses" "forts" and all other sorts on things on them, we had so much fun growing up on a farm I am so thankful for the Lord allowing me to be raised on a farm! Brings back so many fond memories. We used to have a horse that would jump hay bales as well..talk about crazy! We would laugh and laugh for hours!
Looks like you are having great weather and great fun!
Have a great day!
Joy
Amen to that sister. I love the small joys of life and I enjoy watching my children enjoy them (o: I need a new camera. I never seem to win Pioneer Womans camera give
(o: What do you have?
Love it!
Thanks for the laugh over at Andrea's.
Love from a fellow FREAK,
Kimberly
It's funny...I was thinking about Laura Ingalls Wilder even as I was looking at the photos, before I got to the quote at the bottom. Someday I am going to get a big girl camera so I can take great photos like these.
Oh the joys of farm living! My brothers and I used to do that for hours. You have added cheer to my day with a sweet memory and encouragement to love the little things!
oh - that is just FABULOUS! Love the shots.
I LOVE these pictures! Especially the kids' arms up in the air as they jump. My kids love to do this, too.
I also loved the quote at the bottom. Holly
AWESOME! I live deep in the city, about as far from that kind of fun as humanly possible. I'm totally inspired. Thanks.
*Della*... I actually did break a leg hay jumping as a kid! Only I was jumping out of a barn into a "pile" of hay, without knowing that there was a solid bale *underneath* hidden inside the pile. Oh man... painful times.
*Lorchik*... oh, the scrapes and itchiness of hay, I hear ya. Oh do I hear ya.
*Dawn*... my oldest daughter was NOT dressed appropriately. I tell you , first hint of slightly warm weather around here and the kids are begging to put on their bathing suits and run through the sprinklers! The ground was still frozen for crying out loud! I think she changed pretty fast though and noone has caught a cold... yet.
*Grammy*... My camera is nothing fancy. Really, I think you could get it for under 300.00 now. It's a Canon Powershot. I really wish I could find my user manual because I really need to learn about aperture, but alas, I can't find it.
*Kimberly*... I had to go back and see what was so funny, I couldn't remember be funny, I was dead serious. But I do see the funny side to it now that you brought it up, *grin*.
*Jenn*.... I just took a peek at your profile and girl, I *love* you! We have oodles in common, and I just loved reading through your profile info. I'm headin' right over to check out your blog now.
How much fun!!!!
Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/
Amazing pictures!! I immediately thought of the old song "The Best Things in Life Are Free!"
They just shout JOY - those precious kiddos.
One of my all time LIW quotes!
You have the most amazing talent with photography.
You have a way of capturing the beauty in the everyday, the beauty that a lot of us miss. And what a wonderful quote to match your visuals.
I grew up climbing on square bales. They made the switch to round bales while I was in college. And, yes, I confirm the itchiness. On the other hand, a wagon full of cotton is almost Heaven.
I just *love* this-- both the photos and the quote! I want to come jump, too!
Susan
Bale jumping used to make me uneasy. I was afraid we'd be sitting in an ER if they kept it up. But, although I was never so nimble; they were amazingly adept and it did make for fantastic pictures! Those are some of my all-time favorites because they looked so athletic, robust and glad to be who they were and where they were. Your comments on my blog yesterday were greatly appreciated! Thanks for visiting! May we ABOUND in Christ (even if we can't leap roundbales)!
Wow! These pics are pure poetry. I love them. And I'd be dyin' of fear every day if Rachel had these kind of "jungle gyms" to play on. She has no fear and plenty of ideas. Once we had a load of gravel delivered for the drive. She ran and got her sled and played all day. These days she's building a rocket. If it gets too scary for me I think I'll run to the feed store and buy a couple of these bales. What does one order -- extra large jumping rolls? Too cute!
So reminds me of my childhood. I loved bale jumping as a kids. We also jumped through the hay door on the second floor of the barn into piles of hay below.
I also baled hay as a teenager but don't have loving memories of that part :o)
I remember hay rolls like those in fields where I grew up. Love the jumping, the joy.
Everyday things for a Prairie Chick maybe :) This city slicker can only look on with envy!
Post a Comment