Saturday, May 23, 2009

Lunch With a Friend

and a passel of kids. of course. =)

“The road to a friend’s house is never long.” Danish Proverb

IMG_5303

“It was seven hundred fence posts from your place to ours… I wore out that gravel road between my house and yours.” Diamond Rio

IMG_5304

On quality of life; if you have a place where you can go and have a picnic with your family, it doesn’t matter if it’s a recession or not… you can include that in your quality of life. Jim Fowler

IMG_5311

“Better a meal of vegetables where there is love….” Proverbs 15:17

IMG_5308

'The chief pleasure in eating does not consist in costly seasoning or exquisite flavor, but in yourself.' Horace

Thank you Prairie Friend. I’m so glad you’re “just around the corner”. And for the record, your food always does taste exquisite, but your company even more so.

Have a picnic, everyone!

23 comments:

carles Comella said...

Interesant blog.

Dawn said...

Love it! And impromtu meals with friends are the absolute best!!!

Blessings!

Leanne said...

Oh, I just LOVE the photos! I could easily be jealous, but I have hopes that my mansion in Heaven will be surrounded by country views like that. Ahhh, I can just imagine the windows rolled down letting in those beautiful spring fragrances, picnic baskets packed and kids full of excitement! I LOVE those kinds of days. I am so happy for you that you had such a wonderful time with your friend! Leanne

Holly said...

Oh-such beautiful pictures and such perfect quotes to go with them.
Glad you had a lovely time with your friend. I bet the kids had a blast, too. Holly

PW said...

I hope you had a wonderful time. I used to live in an area, where describing how to get someone's house was something akin to the counting the fenceposts quote. Only for me, it was looking for the 'break in the trees' and if you see the mailbox on the tree you missed the driveway. :)

PW said...

Also wanted to say, great photos, and quotes.

Berry Girl said...

so fun! But I have to tell you, the road to a friend's house CAN be long...sometimes I just can't get to your place quickly enough.

(like when there's frappes that need drinking and popcorn that needs eating and great classic movies that need watching...)

*grin*

Anonymous said...

I agree with Berry Girl.... the road connecting our houses is MUCH too long. Which weekend is family camp again? Maybe a picnic could happen at our new yard site then???

grammy said...

What a fun little trip that was. Very pretty and would love to picnic with you guys (o:

Joy said...

What fun and I love your country roads absolutely beautiful! We love picnics too and we just had one yesterday as well with kindred spirits! Don't you just love the way you feel so refreshed and renewed by fellowship with friends!Oh I love it I really do and I am so happy you got to get out enjoy God's creation with family and friends! Nothing better in the world to me!
I hope you have a great blessed weekend!
Joy

Anonymous said...

You really creat a vision in my mind with your words and photos of a perfect day to enjoy God's creation and lovely friends.

outdoor.mom said...

you are a wise and gifted woman. Great Words!! Great Concepts!

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

love these types of post..your so clever and blessed I might add ;0)

Unknown said...

You guys are awesome =) Sometimes I am going along merrily journaling something in Windows Live Writer and then I will think to myself, "who wants to see a picture of my neighbours driveway? Or a picnic basket? Or plastic bowls overturned on a tablecoth? How silly of me!" But because they bring me pleasure I record them. And in recording them I find even greater pleasure. And in your comments I find more pleasure, because I feel understood, affirmed, and appreciated in all of my mundane every day quirkiness =D

Jen said...

Thanks for taking us along on your trip! The best lunches with friends are spontaneous, informal, and relaxed. And usually outdoors. Glad you had such a great time!

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

I'm pulling up a chair to your picnic and drinking it in.

Thanks for the invitation to sit at this table a few times each week. I always leave feeling satisfied.

K-Sue said...

I love seeing pictures of places different from where I live. Until a few years ago, I did not really think of Canada having prairies; now I can look at your prairie and imagine.

Surprisingly, we have prairies in Florida, too. I'm not exactly sure what constitutes a prairie, but now I am curious, and maybe will look it up.

DayPhoto said...

Beautiful! I love the photos and the the quotes.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

L.L. Barkat said...

Particularly love the Rio quote. And the photos are enchanting.

Amy Ellen said...

Lovely pictures!!! I have not had time to comment much lately, as been busy working. Day off today Praise God!!! Thanks for sharing.
Hugs
Amy

Tricia said...

That is just beautiful! Those days spent enjoying God's beautiful creation with friends and family are definitely the best! How blessed we are to have special friends to share them with!

Blessings!

Diane said...

Your prarie pictures almost make me want to move out to the country!

Jenni said...

Your photographs consistently BLOW MY MIND. That is some talent you have there, friend. *sigh* Wish I could have a picnic with you someday...