They say that good things come to those that wait. Spring has kept us waiting unbearably long this year but I hope believe she has finally decided to grace us with her seasonal goodness. The grass is finally greener than brown, the trees are ever so slowly sending forth green shoots and the thermometer climbed to nearly 20 degrees C. Three wonderful reasons to celebrate!
(left click on individual images for a larger view)
“Look! The long winter is past & the voice of the birds has been heard in our land. The trees in bloom send forth their fragrance. Arise, and come along!'“
Song of Solomon 2:11-13 abridged.
12 comments:
Very nice:) I beleive this is spring too, inspite of what the weather man says about wednesday...
I'm so glad that Spring has finally sprung at your place!! Isn't it ever so wonderful??Love all your pictures. Holly
Yeah!!!! I am so happy for you all, spring is wonderful!
Good for you! I am glad you are finally getting some warmer weather..we on the other hand have changed completely this weekend and today as well..spring went in to hiding I do believe!
Spring is here!! I'm glad too. Wonderful post. Thanks for the beautiful thoughts, words and pictures.
We finally have spring. The weather is almost hot. Last night at the birthday party at 7:00 the girls were running through the sprinkler (o: I want one of those tulip sugar cookies. Love the pics... not your kids though (I don't think).
Happy Spring to you! Summer has shown up in her first garment of "Heat Wave" around here. Last night I hobbled out on bum ankle to breathe deeply the warm fragrance of the roses sighing at sundown. What a scent -- HEAVEN! The japanese lanterns glowed softly and a tear glistened down my cheek. Every season has beauty, but somehow the first appearance is pure magic!
EnJOY your springtime splendor, dear one.
Ah - at long last spring! Isn't it wonderful. We are really experiencing summer here, but a bit of a break this week with milder, dryer weather. I love it!
*Becky*... I'm glad we celebrated yesterday because today this high of 2 degrees would have hampered the festivities =) That snow forecasted for Wednesday is not sitting well with me.
*Grammy*... you're right, a couple of my kids are in the pic of the running crowd but the rest are me taking the chance to showcase kids from the 'hood. Between seven neighbor couples we had 11 little boys and 4 girls (2 of those being mine). The testosterone runs high around here =D
*Deb*... I'm planning and dreaming today, planters and many packets of wild flower and english cottage style seeds. I am off to "make a plan" but I may hold off on planting for another couple of days till the snow bids adieu once and for all. Funny how we hail his arrival with the most romantic pleasure and can't bear to see him in the neighbourhood come May. Be gone, old friend, that we may once again delight in your return come winter!
Yeesh. Over in in Manitsoblah it is, well, so blah. At least it isn't snowing, I hear from friends in the Edmonton/Calgary area that things are not so bad over here compared to there. There was even some sun. But it was a mighty blustery day, and I'm starting to feel a little jaded about this whole 'spring' fiasco.
Great time PC! Fun partay.
I hit up Canadian Tire this afternoon for some cheap (and in dire need of revitalizing) annuals...and a few herbs. Can't wait to see them in the ground instead of on my deck.
spring is sprung :-)
Post a Comment