Sunday, June 7, 2009

Little Robin Redbreast

in the comfortable fork of an old elm tree

IMG_5894

is a little robin’s nest, as purdy as can  be

IMG_5893

inside the nest are two little Joes

IMG_5898

and one little mama whose kept on her toes

IMG_5920

all it takes is one little squawk

IMG_5883

and that mama’s all ears, not a moment to balk

IMG_5887

Here she’s brought dinner for Joe number one

IMG_5882

then off to provide for her second little son.

IMG_5888

They really don’t give her one moment of peace

IMG_5884

but she doesn’t seem perturbed in the least

IMG_5889

she heeds them and feeds them and makes not a peep

IMG_5890

till she cuddles them snugly and sings them to sleep.

IMG_5916

15 comments:

Mac an Rothaich said...

I love ROBINS and not just cuz my mom is named after the bird. They are so cheery and friendly! Watched them picking worms today and then later I turned on the sprinkler mostly to watch them jump around and play in the water.

grammy said...

such good pictures. Basically a mouth with an eye (o: We had a nest right my our kitchen window and I sooo enjoyed watching them. Bet you kiddos had a ball.

Unknown said...

Great photos! We have two nests on our front porch with five eggs in one and four eggs in the other. Additionally we have a nest under our back deck with about five little birds. The kids are enjoying watching...me as well.

Chris said...

ack... conscience attack! Call me later.

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

Wow! I love seeing what you see! You know, there's a lesson in there for us moms, too. I needed that today....

Off-topic: We took a short trip to the lake this weekend, and I wish I had brought my camera. We drove by a cute little coffee shop called "Prairie Chick" and I thought of you! If I pass that way again soon, I will take a photo and send it to you. ... God brings your writings to mind often. You are such a blessing!

Leanne said...

How in the world do you make photos like that??!! Those are simply amazing, cute poem too!

Dawn said...

We had a robin's nest in our front tree this spring, too, with two sweet little baby birds. I never could get the angle right to get any decent photos of the family. Made mama bird madder than mad a couple times trying, though!

Blessings!

NanaNor's said...

What adorable photos-they are so cute. Glad you are enjoying summer-with this weather if you can call it that. Blessings to you and yours my friend!
Hugs, Noreen

Linda said...

What an absolutely amazing job you did with the photos!! Just perfect.
We only get to see robins for a little while when they stop here to rest on their journey north. It was fun to see they arrived safe and sound and are busy doing what birds do!

outdoor.mom said...

oh you are such a fun and gifted photographer. I love the pics and narration! How neat.

Anonymous said...

I've never seen such great photos! The mama on the nest with the two babies is cute as can be.
Love the poem too.

Unknown said...

*Jennifer*, you are very astute. The metaphor was not lost on me either and I was contemplating what I can learn from Mama Robin as I wrote/observed as well.

*Leanne*, I just point and shoot *grin*. Well, not really, but it's not too far from the truth. I give all the credit to my camera that captures the moment and God who creates the moment, I'm just lucky to be in the middle..

Tricia said...

That is beautiful... and it did convict me a bit... as I do get perturbed a bit at my kiddos at times yet this momma bird just goes about her role as momma bird without a complaint. What a lesson in contentment in where God has us!

How did you get such wonderful pictures? You must have a great zoom! Thanks so for sharing this with us!

Blessings!

Unknown said...

Actually Tricia, I don't have the greatest zoom, the nest just happens to be in a VERY strategic location =)

PW said...

What a neat series of pictures and words with this post. Awesome!