
Excerpts from Psalm 59
"Those who come against me... men waiting to ambush me... cruel men attack me, but I have not sinned or done wrong... I have done nothing wrong, but they are ready to attack me... Notice what comes from their mouths... insults come from their lips... they sin by what they say, they sin with their words... let their pride trap them.They come back at night, like dogs they growl and roam around the city. They wander about looking for food and they howl if they do not find enough."
Seriously, when "you know who" went off on me the other day, I literally felt like a snarling dog was stalking me, looking for "bait" to rip his teeth into and tear me apart with. Watching that one day as he spent hours perusing 48 pages of archives (that word prowling above really hit home), a horrible weight of fear came over me. I felt violated, vulnerable... and felt like a bullied little girl who wanted nothing more than to run and hide in a bathroom stall, safe from critical judgment and cruel scrutiny.
But I didn't give in to that fear (that made me want to take my blog private or make it disappear into oblivion). I pulled on my armor, HIS armor, and took on the mentality of a warrior. Not a warrior who comes out swinging and is out to pay retribution. But a warrior who stands strong, knowing her defender is up to the challenge. I love that last part of the chapter,
But I didn't give in to that fear (that made me want to take my blog private or make it disappear into oblivion). I pulled on my armor, HIS armor, and took on the mentality of a warrior. Not a warrior who comes out swinging and is out to pay retribution. But a warrior who stands strong, knowing her defender is up to the challenge. I love that last part of the chapter,
"But I will sing about YOUR strength. In the morning I will sing about your love. You are my defender, my place of safety in times of trouble. God, my strength, I will sing praises to you. God, my defender, you are the God who loves me."
I will keep singing. And I will not be afraid of the arrows that fly.
No weapon formed against you shall prosper, and every tongue which rises against you in judgment you shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is from Me,” says the LORD. Isaiah 54:17
Loving rebuke is not to be ignored. Scathing judgement and criticism is not from the Lord. It is dripping poison on the arrowheads of the enemy. We have been given all we need to deflect such attack and stand strong.
Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Ephesians 6:14
13 comments:
YAHOO!!! I love it! You are woman and hear you roar! Thanks for the boost!!
I'm so glad you didn't give into his bullying-there are many who love you and are behind you-with prayers and hugs. Plus you have the army of the Lord behind you.
Bless you today P.C.
Noreen
Although I don't know what the bullying was about (I'll go back and read to see if I can get caught up)....I really really really want to shout a big AMEN when I hear about the armor of God. I just envision such awesome protection and power that comes only from Our Almighty God....
....I think I can hear that BraveHeart battle cry in my head, now! I want to throw on some blue facepaint and scream FREEDOM!
OK, maybe I am getting a little out of control now....
.....BE FREE, my friend!
xox
*~Michelle~*
Yes, yes!! I am proud of you. Jesus has already given us the victory, we have only to fight the battles the way He has taught us. The power of His Word is formidable - His armor impenetrable. We have only to use them.
I pray His peace and comfort will fill your heart dear one. It always helps to have a few warriors on your side I find:-)
Now that's what I'm sayin girlfriend!!!!
Woo HOOO!!!
Praise be to GOD!
you go girl :-) Excellent scriptures and insight!! I've been there, believe me. The best thing about Godly persecution is that it pushes you closer into Gods presence and consequently... grow.
Yes!!! Praise God! I love your attitude and the scriptures you chose.
Cheering from the sidelines ...
I love you, friend.
Thanks for standing strong. We all put ourselves "out there" when we blog and it is very personal. Your blog is great and don't let someone who has "issues" keep you from writing from your heart.
I am not sure what has happened but I am cheering you along, and have just asked God to continue covering you with His strength to stand on righteous ground with your sword deeply grounded in His word. I am going to write and set a date for coffee. Love to you P.C. I like pearls over diamonds also.
Dear ‘Dutchy’, you wrote about Stand your ground. Its a suppect were Im thinking about a number of weeks. It’s a splendid part of the leter of Ephesians. Paul gives us the command in the Greek to put on the armore to Stand film.
The NT speaks of the Roman sword. The Romen had two swords a long and a short one. Paul use the short one in Ephesians. This short sword was a weapon for defence. Also the shoes must we be used to continue stand on the gospel what has been given to us (Ep. 1:1-14 We are IN Christ (beautiful chapter).
We have a position in Christ and must defend ourselfs against the attacks of the enemy. He is constantly trying to get us away from our position, being in Christ. The full armor of God is given to STAND YOUR GROUND in the strength of the Lord’s mighty power.
Dear ‘Dutchy’: keep on keeping on.
Thanks for you beautiful blogg and that we may look into your thoughts.
Greetings from the Bosmanitos, René
Amen... I too am glad you are standing your ground, although I too am in the dark about what has happened...
I do miss stopping by as frequently as I used to, but I know you understand this season I am in...
Praying for you sweet friend!
Blessings in abundance!
Not sure who the bully was either, but I love the verses you chose, and how you responded to the situation. You go, girl! ;)
~Brenda
Post a Comment