I'm alive. I'm well. It would appear my life has finally caught up with me and all of a sudden I am going full throttle and barely managing to keep up. It' s not that I'm not thinking. It's not that funny and beautiful and preposterous things aren't happening around here. It's just that in pursuing a disciplined life of balance, my computer time got shoved squarely down to the bottom of the priority list where it's REALLY hard to get at =) I know you will all understand. So for those of you who were kind and concerned enough to email me and beg information; just know that I am here, washin' dishes, hangin' laundry, shuckin' corn, diggin' potatoes, carrots, pickin' apples... teachin' these rugrats and building up lots of "health and hope and strength" through good hard toil as Jo would say. I leave you with her little poem that about sums up my life and my mentality at present.
(Know that tomorrow could very well find me in a completely different state of mind, namely INSANE. Be that as it may, I am a firm proponent of the statement "Unto each day sufficient is the evil thereof. " and as such, I'm takin' one day at a blessed time.)
Queen of my tub, I merrily sing,
While the white foam rises high,
And sturdily wash and rinse and wring,
And fasten the clothes to dry.
Then out in the free fresh air they swing,
Under the sunny sky.
I wish we could wash from our hearts and souls
The stains of the week away,
And let water and air by their magic make
Ourselves as pure as they.
Then on the earth there would be indeed,
A glorious washing day!
Along the path of a useful life,
Shall heartsease surely bloom
The busy mind has no time to think
Of sorrow or care or gloom.
And anxious thoughts may be swept away,
As we bravely wield a broom.
I am glad a task to me is given,
To labor at day by day,
For it brings me health and strength and hope,
And I cheerfully learn to say,
"Head, you may think, Heart, you may feel,
But, Hand, you shall work alway!"
Jo, Little Women
11 comments:
Glad to hear... I was thinking last night that I was going to send you an email to make sure all was well. I've been "friedns" with you for a while now and I think this is the most quiet you've ever been.
I haven't been writing much either and for the same reason... life. It's crazy most days - but I love it!
Be blessed!
This poem sums it all perfectly! I'm so glad all is well with you--sounds like it's better than "well!"
Great poem. I love to hear from you and the things in 'your' life. You are doing the right thing by the way ( well in a Grammies opinion) immersing yourself in the life and joy of your family. The computer will wait.
what a great poem. absolutely love it.
(((nichole)))
that was a very inspiring post. i've recently started reading your blog, not sure how i found it, but so blessed that i have.
i take many extended vacations from the computer and keeping up with my blog. the guilt about it has been buried a long time ago. "faith, family and home first" is how i keep going.
your song, wow! it sure made me smile and makes me want to go push a broom and hug my babies. thank you.
As I told another busy friend Sunday, the computer is your servant; you do not serve it. Sounds like you have the priorities straight, my friend.
I am so very proud of you. I am endeavoring to follow your very good example and put this computer where it belongs on the priority list.
I love thinking of you going through your days with such balance and purpose. But I do miss you :-)
My Precious Friend,
It is so good to stop by and hear from you. I'm been following your blog for a while now and when I get the chance, I love to stop in and hear what's going on in our life.
I, too, have toned the volume down somewhat on my computer time due to the health issues going on in our lives. We are headed to the Cleveland, Ohio Clinic for my husband. Burlington, VT Hospital told us there wasn't anything more they could do for his heart issues after his last heart cath in July 09, thus we head to Cleveland to see if anything more can be done. We are waiting for his primary doctor to set the appointment, which could be literally any day now.
Please pray for a positive outcome from this upcoming visit. I so appreciate your friendship and prayer support.
Love you PC,
Alleluiabelle
you and me both!! ditto to the kiddos, dealing with carrots, apples, harvest in general. ditto ditto ditto. who has time for the computer this time of year?!
I completely understand! Since starting homeschooling, which I am loving more and more each week, (although it does have its moments:) my computer time has also been shoved down to the bottom of my list.
By the time we finish schoolwork and I start on housework and whatever else is on my to do list, then move on to preparing dinner, then have family time or the occasional get away for a break time, I am exhausted and the last thing I want to do is get on the computer...
But I am absolutely loving this new season of my life!
Blessings!
You are a great example of good priorities...
Monica
Post a Comment