photo by eyebiz
(This is a cross post from Prairie Passages. Please feel free to join us there as we seek to touch His garment each day through the words He has left us).
"He had healed many; insomuch that they pressed against Him to try to touch Him." Mark 3:10
...The picture of the people thronging here about Christ, pressing upon Him, each one eagerly struggling to touch Him, is very graphic and vivid. A touch was enough. All that touched Him were made whole. Life and health flowed into the diseased bodies where the trembling fingers came in contact with the Healer, even with His garments. So a touch is enough always.
Anyone who regularly touches Christ is healed. But we must be sure to touch Him. It is not enough to be in the crowd that gathers about Him. Only those are healed whose faith truly brings them in contact with Him. It is not enough to be in the congregation that worships. One sitting or bowing next to us may receive a great blessing while we receive none at all. It is because he reaches out his hand of faith and touches Christ, while we, as close to Christ as he is, do not put our hand out to touch Him, and therefore receive no blessing."
Excerpt from Come Ye Apart by J.R. Miller
Reach, my friends. Keep reaching. I am blessed every time I see you touch the hem of His garment.
2 comments:
Sometimes I wish so badly I was there when Jesus walked this earth! I just know I would have been in the crowd wanting to hear more from HIM. But, maybe I wouldn't have, that is a scary thought. Would I have let the business & pressures of my day keep me from the ONLY thing/ONE that really mattered? We have direct access to our Saviour & still let everyday life take precedence over that relationship. Oh that I would reach out & touch my Saviour through worship & feel HIM heal me spiritually, emotionally, mentally & physically.
Once again, you've nailed my need.
The Lord has been speaking to me about clinging to other people's coattails in an attempt to get recognition.
Does that make sense?
He said that I what I need is to touch the hem of His garment.
And that is all I may cling to.
When we touch Him like that, power goes out from Him. And He knows it.
He loves us so good.
Sweet dreams.
Post a Comment