Monday, October 18, 2010

Thinkin’ Pink

 38982_3891

A girl can dream, no? 

Right now this house seems filled with a frightening level of testosterone. 

I would just love for the next little addition to our family to be a sweet, serene, wee  little lass who would delight in cuddling up with me and the girls to lose ourselves in the world of Ingleside and Anne instead of out catching their hair on fire while burning the garbage…

or putting a piece of paper towel over the toaster and turning it on.  Seriously.  On purpose, people.

When it comes to catching things on fire, blowing things up and shooting bullets… I think we’ve got our hands full.

So I will keep thinkin’ pink.  But that doesn’t mean I’m completely opposed to blue.  Pink is purdy. But blue is purdy darn cool,  too.

12 comments:

Berry Girl said...

oh. goodness :) Seriously? catching hair on fire? hilarious.

Unknown said...

yeah. seriously. we were sitting at supper at night and all of a sudden we were all wrinkling our noses up wondering what that burnt hair smell was. Turns out it was... burnt hair. At least we had just cut his bangs way back anyway, so it wasn't so noticeable, and he was wearing his glasses so he didn't singe his eyebrows. What a kid.

Pear tree cottage! said...

what joy...........looking forward to pink or blue........after this adventure filled post yep! I would be looking for a little pink as well...............arn't the blues such a lot of fun though.......you just never know what to expect at any moment. hugs Lee-Ann

Dawn said...

I didn't grow up with brothers (just one sister) but all the cousins were boys and they were forever burning or blowing up something, or at the very least disassembling something. Perhaps you have a fire fighter in training? LOL

Linda said...

I hope this means you are doing so much better. It is so good to see you here again.
A little girl would be sweet; a little boy such fun. Praying for a healthy babe and a healthy pregnancy for Mama. Blessings to you dear one.

Jen said...

I know just what you mean about setting things on fire, blowing things up, and shooting bullets. We have our hands full of those things, too, and sometimes I really wish I could have just one more, just in case the next one would have been a girl.

Two of my boys set a fire in the garage and poured kerosene on it. Fortunately they grabbed the kerosene, not the 3 gas containers sitting just a little out of arm's reach. I thanked God for saving us that day!

grammy said...

Oh those boy escapades... bet those are some fun stories (o:

René said...

Having girls is great but i have to admit it looks cool that gun stuff. In our family we where with 5 boys soo we would loved too do what Pietro can do in his back garden. Lucky guy. Can I try once :-)

Unknown said...

Rene, you buy a ticket and get your butt over here and you can shoot to your heart's content. :) The girls get to learn it too here, so there is fun for all :)

Dawn said...

The suspense is killing me... so??? Boy or girl???

Be blessed!

Unknown said...

:) Sorry about that Dawn, didn't make it back to the computer till now. I DON'T KNOW !!!!! Legs were crossed, but I do know that everything is GOOD TO GO! Praise the Lord, I am so relieved and feel so blessed. Love ya!

Aimee said...

OH MY!! I didn't know you were pregnant!!! I was thinkin' about you tonight and popped over here and what a surprise b/c I knew you wanted more children but wasn't sure that was going to happen?? So happy for you!