Saturday, December 8, 2007
Silly Stuff
The Poppet (5) is reading like a trooper, it is so much fun to see her carefully sound out the sentences in her little primers and then quickly rattle off the sentence in reptetition of what she just sounded out. When her school work is done she often takes a pen and paper and goes to the dining room table and writes out words. Until yesterday she would always copy words she saw elsewhere (imagine my surprise to see her neat little writing on a post it note reading; "A Marriage Book with a Difference" from the back of my Love and Respect book! But yesterday she started writing out her own words. That was fun! Here they are;
hrs hf
brn dr
sno flk
(horse hoof, barn door, snow flake). Darling.
And just a few minutes ago she was attempting to help me get a bingo in scrabble. I had a whopper word that spanned two double word scores and needed to find a way to use one last letter to get a quadruple word bingo worth MEGA points. My word was "lathing" with the n being on the board and an r left in my rack. She asked me what my word said, and I informed her it was lathing. She looked at the r in my rack and carefully sounded out "lay-thing-er".... :D
Yesterday in the city we were stopped at a light behind a semi. The Hero (3) wanted to know how long I thought the semi was. Not being a good judge of measurements I declined a guess. The poppet piped up with; "Well, it could be about 33 feet long. But you can't really know unless you measure it!" So cute. Upon reflection I don't think she was too far off in her estimate either!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
awwwwwwww. pretty neat!!!
Way to go, Elle! I'm so proud of you! Evan too is having such fun attacking words and getting them on paper. I love watching the light go on upon comprehension! And a what an estimator she is already! Hooray for eager learners!
Post a Comment