“And Moses said, ‘I must turn aside and look at this great sight, and see why the bush is not burned up.’
Everything turned on Moses’ being willing to ‘turn aside’ – to interrupt his daily routine to pay attention to the presence of God. He didn’t have to. He could have looked the other way., as many of us would. He would have just missed the Exodus, the people of Israel, his calling, the reason for his existence. He would have missed knowing God.
But he didn’t miss it. He stopped. He “turned aside.”
John Ortberg, Spiritual Disciplines for Ordinary People
Earth is crammed with Heaven, And every common bush afire with God, But only he who sees takes off his shoes-
Elizabeth Barrett Browning.
I pledge… to stop. To turn aside. To live barefoot. I don’t want to miss a thing. And you?
photo: My Hub and My Hero, waiting on a miracle.
11 comments:
Wow... I thought I had back tracked through your blog... I guess I didn't go far enough. What awesome, specific miracles God provided in answer to your prayers for your little guy.
We have some of those with Kat, too. Some days when we're in the regular "routine" of the day and I'm sitting (more often than not - impatiently!) watching her complete cheer practice, the Holy Spirit reminds me of the miracles He performed that allow Kat to even walk normally, much less perform gymnastics/cheer at a competitive level. I thank Him, and like you, renew my vow to remember and to look forward with expectation of what else is in store!
Greeting P.C., I love this post and we need to train ourselves to stop and listen. How are you girl? Life is busy with all of us but thought I'd drop by. Blessings to you and yours.
Noreen
Don't want to miss a thing! Want to live my life seeing His hand in everything. Lovely post and truly wow!
I absolutely love the quotes here. So powerful and so true. Great shot as well!
I read about your miracle.
Know about sweet sons and surgery.
So many times.
And every time you hug your handsome hero, you thank God once more.
For miracles.
Sweet dreams.
i live barefoot too!
barefoot right there with ya! :-) I don't want to get so caught up in "life" that I miss the blessings of God that are sprinkled upon my day. :-)
WOW & what a miracle God worked in your little hero!!! HE is so amazing & does even more than we can even think to pray for! My husband is a miracle too! He was diagnosed with spinal cord tumors when he was 14, told he should be in a wheel chair for life, or even live through the surgeries. He was opened up for the 1st spinal cord surgery & closed back up. They wouldn't even operate. A friend then read an article about a surgeon NY, Fred Epstein. They were able to schedule a surgery with him in a matter of weeks (another miracle :-) . He has suffered from muscle weakness & has to walk with a cane, but it is a miracle he is even alive today! God is still in the miracle business!
Sorry for all my grammar errors, yikes! I was talking to my boys while typing & we all know how that goes! :-)
Hey, friend up north! You've been quiet so I just thought I'd check on you. I hope all this quietness means you're in the great outdoors soaking up sunshine and Spring!
Blesings!
I do not want to miss a thing either..barefoot as well!
Praise the Lord we serve a living God! I am so thankful that prayer changes things and it changes me!
Its even the little things that are so so precious to me.
So thankful for your miracle.
Post a Comment