Monday, May 4, 2009

Celebrating May

May day found us up to our eyeballs in all kinds of dirty.  I haven’t had time to post since then, but here is a glimpse of the farmyard festivities and their repercussions.

plantersndirt

frogsnsnails

pondsnpies

shadesofdirty

20 comments:

grammy said...

dirt is good. dirt is fun. dirt is healthy. dirt is the most ancient form of play. Just being silly, but you could write a whole bunch on 'dirt'. He is so cute when he is dirty...which at this time of year must be most of the time (o:

Berry Girl said...

you're preachin' to the choir my friend. Tis the season of constant vacuuming. also the season of sand box becoming one with my house...

Dawn said...

Don't think for a moment that it gets much better when your kids are teens. They still manage to get into as much dirt as when they were young.

At least I don't have to personally bathe them anymore! Ha!

Blessings!

Joy said...

Ok he is about the cutest kid I have seen covered in dirt!
We have been dealing with lots of rain here and well it seems like Noah and the Ark weather. We have had 10 inches probably more now in the past 3 days and it is still raining today! Our yard is one big mud puddle and the garden too..looks like IF and WHEN we get to go out we will be have to become one with dirt as well! Ah..spring...
I am glad to see the cold is maybe finally breaking up your way!
Joy

In The Masters Hands said...

I just love frogs, and snails, and little boys covered in dirt and mud. Great post and like Joy I will be glad when the sun shines around here.

RissaRoo said...

Nothing is more healthy than playing in the dirt! If a little gets tracked on the carpet in the process...well, it's a small price to pay for spending an afternoon reveling in God's creation. What a cutie you've got there!

Mac an Rothaich said...

Yah... most of the mud is gone here but they still find all the dirt they came to bring in the house.

Debbie in CA : ) said...

Dirt/mud adds some special ingredient to a wonderful day, doesn't it? We have much mud to go along with our unusually wet spring -- the gardens love it and so do I. Summer's heat will be upon us soon enough . . . for now, I shall play in the mud and enjoy every minute of it! ; D

Tricia said...

Just precious! I LOVE the last one!

Blessings!

K-Sue said...

I love the 100 shades of dirty. Cute, cute, cute.

Leanne said...

I love it, it looks like we have been up to the same things this week...frogs, water, dirt, mud! I will try to do a post tonight on our adventures lately.

outdoor.mom said...

oh that is so sweet. dirt is so fun for kids!!

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

Through your eyes, there's beauty in the dirt. I love how you "see" things.

Sarah said...

Love it...especially that frog!

Alleluiabelle said...

Great pictures P.C. I so love how you put them all together. You not only are a talented, inspiring and encouraging writer, but your photography is out of this world wonderful! We are really out of the mud thing here, unless it rains of course, but the sand keeps on coming in off from the feet and there certainly is much sweeping and vacuuming.

I loved all of the pictures, but I really like the last of your little guy. He's the most adorable and cutest ever!

Love you,
Alleluiabelle

Anonymous said...

whoops, my computer is acting up, I don't know if that comment got left or not...

just saying how lovely the photos and posts have been..

blessings on your day,
Sarah

DayPhoto said...

And a wonderful day in May to you also!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/

Holly said...

Looks like great fun! I love the last collage! :)

Anonymous said...

Cherished photos of memories in the making! I wish you a very Happy Mother's Day!

Heidi said...

I love your collages, Prairie Chick! Lovely. Glad you were able to play in the dirt. :)