Back when we started homeschooling I remember fretting about how I was going to “do” gym with the kids. I even spent forty some dollars on a book that would walk us through different physical activities and work out regimes. How retarded was that?Looking back, and looking around I just have to shake my head and smile. When my kids aren’t seated around a table piled high with books, or lazing with me on the swing or couch reading more books, they are up to their eyeballs in physical activity. Like;
pull ups for instance.
not your traditional kind mind you, but they’ll do the trick.
lunges
splits
The old heave
Ho
Who needs a stair stepper when there are fences to climb?
and who needs to be sent to run laps when there are siblings to race?
and oh do they race.
flip flops and ducky boots n’ all
The competition is fierce
and usually they are pretty good sports
just havin’ fun.
that is until somebody older female passes somebody male younger
Then all of a sudden things aren’t so fun anymore
But like any good mother of boys, I blamed it on the flip flops.
Oh and no worries, if you find yourself alone without a sibling to race, there are always butterflies to be chased.
Suffice it to say I think adequate physical activity on the part of the rugrats is not something I need concern myself with.
14 comments:
I admit, I loved hearing "Now close it!" on the video. All my guys like to do this sort of thing (boss) and it's so nice to hear that it's not just them.
Does that make me horrible?
LOVE the look on his face when she's passed him...classic! Great pics, and the video is HILARIOUS!
Such cute pics and a fun way to get exercise. Run, jump, roll, tackle, tickle, pull, push, the list goes on.
eriziIt is funny what we worry about before we start homeschooling... I agree with you, they are getting PLENTY of exercise. They are having a blast while they do it too. Maybe I would stick to an exercise program IF it was that much fun! Have a wonderful day. Leanne
Whoops, the first word is supposed to be "It".
I loved the photos-so cool! They probably get more PE than most kids.
Isn't it wonderful that summer break is here-now you can spend your days doing other educational things...like catching frogs and lizards and chasing butterflies. Just make sure you write it up as science for next year. Have a joyous day!
Hugs, Noreen
Love it! Adorable pictures and PRECIOUS video!! :)
Pictures are fun, but I especially loved the country sounds in the background - crickets and cicadas. Living too much in the city these days to hear much of that and I miss it. Thanks for posting!
Great pictures! It brings back such sweet memories. I don't think we ever needed any sort of organized acitivity when we were kids. It was just one thing after another from morning to evening.
Way to save the little guy's ego Mom:-)
If I would "get physical" like our kids do, I could give up my own gym membership.
Another great post.
oh cute!!! i notice that my kids are waayyy more fit than i was in public school!! they are all buff compared to what i was as a kid.
i love your pics!!
I should say NOT! Your kids are probably fitter than the vast majority of people in North America...yours truly included...
I must say though...my sympathies to the butterflies she DOES manage to catch! Ouch!
Yes, as a fellow homeschooling mom gym was my biggie. But you have the wide open prairie as your workout area while I have the closed in city :(
Loved the photos!
Love the video. The frogs in the background sounded beautiful and was that a robin just sitting on the fence post while you captured your wonderful daughter?
Love this post! Farm life is so healthy for kids! Your crew is amazing!
Post a Comment