Thursday, September 24, 2009

Appetizing. A Lesson in Diversity.

58600_4561

Changing the format of these “Did You Know” posts a little bit, to make them more interactive. Just like Jeapardy, I will give a teaser fact and you are invited to guess or provide the answer. No googling allowed! These are all facts that are news to me, so don’t feel dumb if you don’t have a clue, just take your best guess!

In this country, bird’s nest soup is a treat. It is made from the nests of small birds called swiftlets. The nests are made from the swiftlets’ spit. The birds’ nests float like dumplings in the soup.

This one is kind of a dead give away but… ew?

3 comments:

Berry Girl said...

are you kidding me? I'm going with China, but eewwwwww.

Prairie Chick said...

China, for 100. =D

Berry Girl said...

what do I get with my points :) Are they like airmiles, so that when I have 50 bazillion points I will have accumulated 5 air miles? *grin*