Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Baking Powder Biscuits

IMG_0978

4 C all purpose flour

8 tspns baking powder

1 1/2 tspn salt

1/2 cup plus 2 Tbspns shortening

1 1/2 cup milk

Preheat oven to 450.  Combine dry ingredients, cut in shortening, add milk by half cup portions while mixing into doughy ball.  Form ball on floured surface, roll out to 1/2 inch and cut with round cookie cutter (I use a pint jam jar ring).  Bake for 12 mins, turn off heat and let sit in oven for 2 more minutes till browned.

1 comment:

Manic Mom said...

I just tried this for the first time on Saturday. I have to say the word baking soda always caused me to flip the page in my cook book, but for some reason I tried it this time. And they were real tasty!!! I don;t roll & cut them out. I pinch & drop! Yummy biscuits!