Thursday, February 28, 2008

Lovable Literature

Every spare moment The Poppet (my kindergartner) finds, she is diving head first into artistic pursuits. Be it creative writing, drawing, or creating photo projects on the computer from her new digital camera. We recently discussed how, although a dog's bark sounds the same to all people, we *express* that sound differently. Some people say a dog says "bow wow" or "woof" or "arf, arf" etc. Well.... this is where *that* conversation took her;

Translation:
I say hi when the Indian says bye
I say bye when the Indian says hi
Why does the Indian say hi while I say bye
and the Indian say bye while I said hi?
Why, why, why?
Well, cause he is an indian and you are not.
Yes.

I asked her why the 'yes' at the end. She said she didn't think it was right to put "amen" at the end of a story, so she put.... 'yes'. I think the term she was looking for was 'The End'?? LOL!

No comments: