Thursday, February 7, 2008

Thankful



click to comment
We try to follow a weekly theme in our house to focus especially on one aspect of prayer and worship each day of the week. Thursday is our day to be especially conscious of the things we are thankful for and to express those thanks to God, the fount of every blessing. I had to smile today as I consciously started to recount my blessings. Thought it was worth a share... As you might guess the majority of these thanksgivings were birthed from our studies in early american history...

1. I'm thankful I don't ever lie awake at night fearing that the owl hoot or coyote call I hear is a native warrior signalling his parties attack on my home and family.

2. I'm thankful I can enjoy soft candlelight whenever I want to but don't have to make my own candles or rely on them solely for evening light.

3. I'm thankful for running water and flushable toilets.

4. I'm thankful for vaccines, medication, and doctors that actually know something about how the human body functions and what causes disease.

5. I'm thankful I don't have to get up multiple times in the middle of the night to stoke a fire to keep my babies from freezing in their beds.

6. I'm thankful for the chance to learn, read, study, research whatever strikes my fancy, from books in my own library, to the public library to the amazing resource of the world wide web. We are so blessed!

7. I'm thankful to have my husband literally at my fingertips when he is in the office, ICQ is WONDERFUL.

8. I'm thankful for Jesus in whom all my wants, desires, and needs are fulfilled.

My list will continue to build throughout the day, but thought I'd share. So what are YOU thankful for?

No comments: