Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Thankful 27 & Counting

Sowing Seeds of Thankfulness to Reap a Harvest of Happiness.


He Holds the Hammer.
While friends and acquaintances and perfect strangers grieve and struggle beneath the strains of life's trials, I feel the tears spill over as the words to this song sink into the tender reaches of my soul. It may seem backwards, and beyond comprehension, but it's true. I'm thankful that He holds the hammer.

(photo courtesy of RavenMedia)

A shapeless piece of steel, that's all I claim to be
This hammer pounds to give me form, this flame, it melts my dreams
I glow with fire and fury, as I'm twisted like a vine
My final shape, my final form I'm sure I'm bound to find

So dream a little, dream for me in hopes that I'll remain
And cry a little, cry for me so I can bear the flames
And hurt a little, hurt for me my future is untold
But my dreams are not the issue here, for they, the hammer holds

And the water, it cools me gray, and the hurt's subdued somehow
I have my shape, this sharpened point, what is my purpose now?
And the question still remains, what am I to be?
Perhaps some perfect piece of art displayed for all to see

So dream a little, dream for me in hopes that I'll remain
And cry a little, cry for me so I can bear the flames
And hurt a little, hurt for me my future is untold
But my dreams are not the issue here, for they, the hammer holds

The hammer pounds again, but flames I do not feel
This force that drives me, helplessly, through flesh, and wood reveals
A burn that burns much deeper, it's more than I can stand
The reason for my life was to take the life of a guiltless man

So dream a little, dream for me in hopes that I'll remain
And cry a little, cry for me so I can bear the pain
And hurt a little, hurt for me, my future is so bold
But my dreams are not the issue here, for they, the hammer holds

This task before me may seem unclear
But it, my maker holds


Bebo Norman, The Hammer Holds.



On a Lighter Note

27. I'm thankful for blue skies and melting snow... even though there's ALOT of snow yet to melt...

28. Saskatoon berry tarts and coffee with friends.

29. One more year granted from above to my Prairie Guy. What can I say, he is the best man in the world... for me.

30. Kicks and nudges from little fists and heels in utero.

31. Silly little stories from my kindergartner... stay tuned for her latest installment tomorrow.

Every good thing and every perfect gift is from God. These good gifts come down from the Creator of the sun, moon and stars, Who does not change like their shifting shadows. James 1:17

6 comments:

Kristen said...

That was beautiful. Is that YOUR belly? I'm jealous. Mine never looked that good!

Unknown said...

No, not my belly! The yard, tarts and hunk are mine, the belly is a generic embedded image... haven't figured out how to take a picture of my own belly yet, and since I'm the one usually holding the camera around here.... :D Thanks for popping over!

Mac an Rothaich said...

Thanks for the song Nichole. I copied out some of it for Brandi and I think it really blessed her. She is through the worst of it now, as of tonight, and should be able to go home soon.

Denise said...

Such a lovely post dear.

Unknown said...

Thanks for passing those lyrics on to Brandi friend. Hope you feel His peace and strength today.

eph2810 said...

The words to the song are just beautiful - thank you so much for sharing them.
I really like how you have added the photos to your thankful post :) The fruit-tart looks yummy :)

Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us this past week.

Blessings to you and your precious family.