Thursday, February 28, 2008

Weather Wimp

photo courtesy of hubickc @ stock.xchng

I can be such a dunce sometimes... it's true. Driving into town one morning last week I am literally *shaking* with cold. I glance up at the exterior thermometer guage on the Suburban and notice that it is set to mileage. I give it a quick click to convert it to temperature and am shocked to see that it is only -8. NICE temperature for a February morning on the canadian prairies....

Irregardless of the temperature right in front of my eyes I continued shivering and freezing all the way to town wondering *what* on earth was wrong with me. Usually I'm a pretty tough nut to crack when it comes to bearing the hardships of prairie life, I was really surprised by my own wimpishness.

It wasn't until I got half way back from town that I realized "doh".... yes, the temperature guage was reading -8..... FAHRENHEIT! Another quick jab at the guage revealed a nippy -24 degrees celsius. No wonder!

No comments: