Can’t bear to leave that ugliness at the forefront of this place that I desire to be a haven of grace and peace and encouragement.
I’ve been reading and re-reading these verses all day. Truth is the best therapy. His Truth is healing and beautiful and inspiring.
“But the Spirit produces the fruit of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness and self control. There is no law that says these things are wrong.” Galatians 5:22-23
“Wish good for those who harm you, wish them well and do not curse them. Be happy with those who are happy, and be sad with those who are sad. Live in peace with each other. Do not be proud, but make friends with those who seem unimportant. Do not think how smart you are. If someone does wrong to you, do not pay him back by doing wrong to him. Try to do what everyone thinks is right. Do your best to live in peace with everyone.” Romans 12:14-18
“Look for peace and pursue it.” Proverbs 34:14
“Those who are humble, are happy, because the earth will belong to them. Those who show mercy to others are happy, because God will show mercy to them. Those who are pure in their thinking are happy, because they will be with God. Those who work to bring peace are happy because God will call them his children. Those who are treated badly for doing good are happy because the kingdom of heaven belongs to them. “ Matthew 5:3-10
“Are there those among you that are truly wise and understanding? Then they should show it by living right and doing good things with gentleness that comes from wisdom…. Where jealousy and selfishness are there will be confusion and every kind of evil. But the wisdom that comes from God is first of all pure, then peaceful, gentle, and easy to please. This wisdom is always ready to help those who are troubled and to do good for others. It is always fair and honest. People who work for peace in a peaceful way plant a good crop of right living.” James 3:13-18
Amen.
9 comments:
mmmm...those are some beautiful thoughts. Looking forward to our evening together - it's been too long. Plus, there was a weird and *bad* animal noise just now, and you know how much I *love* to be alone in the evenings...(grin)
The Lord bless you and keep you;
The Lord make His face shine upon you,
And be gracious to you;
The Lord lift up His countenance upon you,
And give you peace.
Numbers 6:24-26
Berry Girl's comment made me laugh. A wierd and bad animal noise...how funny. They are out there.
Felt like I needed to check in on your blog again today and see how you where doing;) Blessed to see such lovely thoughts.
I love, love the book of James!
Hope you had fun with Berry Girl... wish I lived close so I could meet you both.
Blessings!
you have a lot of depth Prarie Chick :-) love the verses. its what i had on my heart today. You have a knack for hearing God. I think God has a very special plan for your life. If i were to prophesy over you i would have to say that "normal" will never describe you. I'm pretty sure He has something extra special planned for your future :-)
sending a hug your way for now, I'll aim to call in the morning.
Prairie Chick,
I just wanted to encourage you today. I have been following what is going on and just wanted to say I am in your corner, supporting you. I enjoy coming here so MUCH and reading your words. They minister to me. Your heart is what matters to me. I know you love the same God I love and I enjoy reading about the things He shows you.
Friends.
Your words move me to tears.
Some of you wrote thinking that I must be in tears, but the only tears came when I read your words of love, encouragement and blessing.
Being verbally pummelled didn't make me cry (although it did leave me feeling battered), but being showered in love did. It's goodness that moves me to tears, and you have been good to me here.
Outdoor Mom, your words were a rich blessing. I hope I will never be remembered as "normal". =D And I believe that God has a very special plan for each one of His children's lives, but it is only the ones with ears and hearts to seek it out, hear it and submit to it who will ever discover and walk in it. Oh Lord, let me be such a one. I don't want to miss the special things He has planned for me.
What doesn't kill you only servers to make you stronger. I'm feeling Xena strong today, and I'm not going to let ANYBODY snatch that away from me. I plan to write more soon, God has been teaching me so much in the past few days and I am just astounded at what He is showing me about myself and what He desires for me.
All things work together for good to those who love Him and are called according to His purposes. ALL THINGS. Yeah!
wow...look what happens when you are in the middle of volleball season...
but you have weathered through!
blessings and love,
and always...more grace,
Sarah
Post a Comment