Thursday, February 14, 2008

Thankful 9 and counting



click to comment

I'm thankful for;

9. the joy of waking up every morning to the feeling of pudgy hands on my face and 4 (yes, always exactly four) smacking kisses from my 18 month old (dh puts him in bed with me when he leaves for work).

10. the heartfelt (and long) prayers of my six year old "and thank you for making trees so we could have wood so we could build houses so we could stay warm...."

11. the humor of my 4 year old "Do you know why fish can go to bed quicker than little boys, Mommy?" "No, why is that son?" "Because they don't have jammies to put on! Ha ha ha...." LOL!

12. The tenderness of a sweet and thoughtful husband who loves me just as I am and wouldn't change me even if he had the chance. Wow. That's saying alot. *tears*.

13. The spiritual insight and sensitivity of my 8 year old, who teaches me more than I think I will ever teach her just by being who God has created her to be.

14. The patience of a perfect, loving, gracious Father who is ever present, ever ready to strengthen, heal and help me in every situation.

And since it is Valentine's Day, the fact that this just "happened" to be the hymn I turned to this morning brought tears to my eyes...

Jesus is Mine
Fade, fade each earthly joy, Jesus is mine!
Break every tender tie, Jesus is mine!
Dark is the wilderness, earth has no resting place
Jesus alone can bless, Jesus is mine!

Tempt not my soul away, Jesus is mine!
Here would I ever stay, Jesus is mine!
Perishing things of clay, born but for one brief day
Pass from my heart away, Jesus is mine!

Farewell you dreams of night, Jesus is mine!
Lost in this dawning light, Jesus is mine!
All that my soul has tried, left but a dismal void
Jesus has satisfied, Jesus is mine!

Farewell mortality, Jesus is mine!
Welcome eternity, Jesus is mine!
Welcome oh loved and blessed, welcome sweet scenes of rest
Welcome my Savior's breast, Jesus is mine!

What are *you* thankful for today?

3 comments:

Mac an Rothaich said...

Some little things,
-kids being patient with Mommy's long rests on the couch lately...
-the youngests giggle
-the oldests concern
-the boys healthy energy
-the husband who brings home things I can eat right now... sausage and asparagus where on my mind all day!
-being almost throught trimester one!

Unknown said...

I read "long rests on the couch" and I thought.... is there something she's not telling me (or trying to tell me :D ) and then I got to the last point and just whooped! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Can't believe you've kept that from me till now!

Mac an Rothaich said...

You are one of the first to know. I haven't announced it to the family yet. I wanted a special way to do it cuz the relatives had decided I was done. We are going to tell Garnet's folks on April 1st (cruel I know) cuz they suspect nothing. My mom has always wanted to see one of my kids born so I am sending her a formal invite to baby fours arrival date (he he he) and I am writing a story for the kids to read with the surprise at the end! I decided to have fun with it and wait till my rough first trimester is done... a couple people know but it is mostly hush hush... We are hoping this way we can take the edge off the surprise...