Friday, February 5, 2010

The Peasant Princess Project, Part III

1094412_92541737 “My lover is like a bunch of flowers from the vineyards at En Gedi.”  S of S 1:14

Stepping Stone #11 Be His Oasis.  Note to self; coming home… to me… to his home… to his family, should be like stepping out of the chaos of industry and into the oasis (that’s what En Gedi was) of HOME. Create an environment where he is met and blessed by peace, beauty, joy and love.

award2pshe “My darling, you are beautiful!  Oh, you are beautiful, and your eyes are like doves.”  S of S 1:15

Stepping Stone #12Cultivate Beauty.  Note to self; I know, I know, sometimes his taste isn’t your taste, but the goal here is to be beautiful to him.  If he likes your hair a certain way, do it that way, if he likes a certain item  of clothing, wear it, if he doesn’t dig something, drop it.  If there is something less than appealing about your  “state”, get on it!  Cultivating beauty takes time and effort and forethought.  Don’t shrug and let yourself go because life is busy.  Make an effort to live up to your beauty.

award4coloradofarm “Our bed is the grass.  Cedar trees form our roof; our ceiling is made of juniper wood.”  S of S 1:16-17

Stepping Stone #13  Spruce It Up.  Note to self; ditch your comfort zone.  Try something new.  Be spontaneous, be adventurous, throw some spice into the cider pot and be warmed by the fresh new twist.

i'm_loving_your_blog_award “I am a rose in the Plain of Sharon, a lily in the valleys.”  “Among the young women, my darling is like a lily among thorns.”  S of S 2:1-2

1209718_84380950 “Among the young men, my lover is like an apple tree in the woods.  I enjoy sitting in his shadow; his fruit is sweet to my taste.”  S of S 2:1-3

Stepping Stone #14 Put Him on a Pedestal.  Note to self, love, love, love what Driscoll had to share on this subject.  Your spouse is to be your standard of beauty.  You are to have eyes for none other.  What disregard we have for this beautiful truth in our day and age.  Is your spouse tall?  Then that is your standard of beauty.  Short?  Same goes.  Chubby?  Skinny?  Skinny when you met, chubby now?  Then, as Driscoll put it,  your standard has changed. :)  Your spouse is a gift, created by the great Giver of Gifts, you don’t look a gift horse in the mouth, you delight in the gift, and don’t desire  a different model. (I know this concept is completely foreign in gift reception standards of today (appalling really), but I am an old fashioned girl…  but that’s another story for another time.  Or maybe it’s not.  Yeah, on second thought…. never mind.)

1231823_11267134“He brought me to the banquet room and his banner over me is love.  Strengthen me with raisins, and refresh me with apples, because I am weak with love.” S of S 2:4

Stepping Stone #15. Eat, Drink and Be Merry.  Note to self, remember the way to a man’s heart and all that?  Go ahead, you’re good at this.  Prepare or stock up on those most special delectable treats, and tantalize his taste buds while wooing his heart. Treat yourselves to breakfast in bed, take a special treat out to him in the fields.  Make some specialty Latte’s and sip them on the porch together while the sun goes down. 

4 comments:

Dawn said...

I was SO hoping you'd post eary today so I could read before I got busy with my little "project." Everyone just left the house so now I have just a few short hours to make the transformation happen (and still allow me time to get ready, too).

What perfect timing these posts have been for me.

Thanks, friend!

(PS - Don't call this weekend - we won't be answering the phone! LOL)

Jen said...

This is such a great series. I am really enjoying these and love what Driscoll had to say!

Mac an Rothaich said...

Really been enjoying these posts. Can't help thinking about my guy as I read them and finding ideas amongst the thoughts that I can use.

Anonymous said...

love this. especially the part about being an oasis for him... too often i dump, when i should listen. too often i begrudge, when i should love. thank you. emily.