Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Peasant Princess Project, Part VI

Until the day dawns and the shadows disappear I will go to that mountain of myrrh and to that hill of incense.  S of S 4:6  131626_2413 photo by javaraf

Stepping Stone #26 Burn the Midnight Oil.  I know, I know, sleep is a precious commodity.  But so is love.  Nothing tells me he loves me more than when he is willing to sacrifice sleep to “listen” and “talk” to me.  Something inside me tells me that sacrificing sleep for love is one of the greatest gifts I can give him. 

My darling, everything about you is beautiful and there is nothing at all wrong with you.  S of S 4:7 131626_2413 photo by zoostory

Stepping Stone #27 View Him as a Masterpiece. Planned, designed, hand crafted by God.  Beautiful in every way, and without flaw.  If you think you see a flaw, remember that it is your tainted worldview that has distorted your vision.  A secular astigmatism if you will. 

My sister, my bride, you are like a garden locked up, like a walled in spring, a closed up fountain. S of S 4:12 131626_2413 photo by stevekrh19

Stepping Stone #28 Be Chaste.  From the cradle to the grave..  I didn’t used to have such strong opinions on this, but I do now.  I was created to be a gift for my spouse.  I’m not just talking virginity.  Or maybe I am, but in a much more holistic sense of the word.  Virgin lips, virgin flesh, virgin experiences of young love.  Not just drawing the line at third base, but refusing to even take up the bat until the seventh inning.  We’ve been duped into the dating game, and what we don’t see is that it makes it really hard to make our spouse our one standard of beauty when we allow room for comparison.

You are like a garden fountain- a well of fresh water flowing down from the mountains of Lebanon.  S of S 4:15 186794_9123 photo by filax

Stepping Stone #29 Be Refreshing.  Don’t be a constant dripping nag.  Don’t drag him down in the undertow of your emotions or bombard him with stormy diatribes.  Sparkle.  Bubble.  Chortle.  Be a fount of blessing.. 

Awake north wind.  Come,.south wind.  Blow on my garden, and let its sweet smells flow out.  Let my lover enter the garden and eat its best fruits.  S of S 4:16 OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         photo by gabriel77

Stepping Stone #30 Cultivate a Mood.  It’s not your natural state of mind at this stage in life.  But with a little concentrated thought, turning your thoughts and allowing the winds of romance to blow through the cobwebs of distraction, you’ll be surprised how quickly your mood can change. 

3 comments:

Alyssa Ast said...

Your blog is always a great way to start my morning. Thanks for sharing!

Chinobilly Mamma said...

Thank you for sharing this series with us. I have learned so much, and been convicted of so much more. The timing is spooky almost as I as struggling in this area of our marriage. Thank you also for being so transparent and "real" about your own journey. You are a blessing.

Leanne said...

Beautiful!!! You are such a dear friend!! I am almost in tears reading these beautiful words & the beautiful words in your other posts. :-) Have a wonderful day!! Leanne