“My Lover is mine and I am his.” S of S 2:16photo by kleomia
Stepping Stone #21 Die to Self. Note to self; Die. To. Self.
“At night on my bed, I looked for the one I love, I looked for him, but I could not find him.” S of S 3:1
photo by ljweb
Stepping Stone #22 Face Your Fears. Note to self, remember that you are God’s and he is God’s. Your home is God’s and your family is God’s. Therefore God is in control. He’s got you covered. Don’t let fear or worry of loss have any place in your heart. In Him we live and move and have our being, so live and move, and BE and trust.
“Who is this coming out of the desert like a cloud of smoke? Who is this that smells like myrrh, incense and other spices? Look, it’s Solomon’s chaise….” S of S 3:7 photo by PixelBoxD
Stepping Stone #23 Anticipate. Note to self; remember when you used to stand at the window, watching for him to come driving up the road? Lost in the moment and thoughts of him? When you used to not only stop what you were doing to meet him at the door, but that you couldn’t WAIT for him to reach the step? Anticipate his arrival. Be ready for it, be excited about it, and show him.
“He is wearing the crown his mother put on his head on his wedding day, when his heart was happy!” S of S 3:11 Photo by LaDeon
Stepping Stone #24 Be His Bride. Note to self; remember the look on his face when you started walking up that aisle toward him? How happy you both were? Try to recreate that happiness by acting like a bride, and treating him like your groom even now. Be his crown.
“How beautiful you are, my darling! Oh, you are beautiful! Your eyes… your teeth… your lips… your cheeks… your neck… your breasts….” S of S 4:1-5 photo by atroszko
Stepping Stone #25 Admire His Physique. Out Loud. Note to self; really appreciated how Driscoll brought this passage down to earth for me. Basically what is going on here is he is admiring the shiny black cascade of her hair, her brilliant white teeth and ruby red lips, her rosy cheeks and her long and graceful neck. I got a special kick out of Driscoll’s comments on the breasts. Why on earth to compare them to twin fawns? Two furry little…. animals? Because if you were to see two little fawns there would be nothing you would want more than to nuzzle them. Oh dear, that one had me in stitches. Sheds a whole new light on the term “fawning over”… or “f(awn)dling now, doesn’t it? Tell him out loud all the many ways that he is pleasing to your eyes.
2 comments:
Hi Prairie Chick, Just letting you know that I've really been enjoying your Peasant Princess Project. It's been needed as I seek to bring more honor and more of a submissive heart to my dear husband.
Yes, I still silently follow your words, your blog has always been such a blessing to me.
How fun to get a little peek at Katrina again.
These posts have been so beautiful.
Post a Comment