So last night The Hero is "supposed" to be falling asleep in our bed while I was having my quiet time. Obviously "quiet time" denotes the idea of "no talking" and that just wasn't going to be a possibility with all that three year old energy in the room. I shushed him a number of times when he asked me silly questions like "how did the watermelons grow square?" in the picture in his Ripley's Believe it or Not book, etc. But after awhile I noticed he had laid the book aside and was just thinking (and squirming of course). A moment later he pipes up with;
"So if a person dies. And is dead. How can he still be alive?"
Ah nothing like a philosophical discussion on the doctrine of the immortal soul with my three year old. Gotta love it.
I was also priviledged to be privvy to an interesting theological debate between the girls. My ears perked up when I heard....
"Yes he does!"
"No he doesn't!"
"Yes he does!!"
"What's going on?" I interject in my best referee voice.
"Mommy, right God knows everything?" The Poppet asks with authority in her voice.
"Right." I reply.
"And right Jesus is God?" she continues.
"Right." I start to wonder where this is going....
"So then right, Jesus knows everything?"
"...Right." Seems logical....
"No he doesn't!" Prairie Girl interjects in a tone on the verge of tears.
Needless to say my mind was a complete blank. I had no idea why she could possibly take issue with this.
"Sweetheart... what on earth is the matter?"
"He doesn't know EVERYTHING. He doesn't know when God will send Him back."
You could have knocked me over with a feather.
I find it utterly heartwarming to know my kids are thinking about this kind of stuff on their beds. Oh Lord, let them never lose their passion for You and Your truth.
1 comment:
This says a lot about you and your husband! How blessed they are to have parents who talk to them about this kind of stuff!
Post a Comment