Sowing Seeds of Thankfulness to Reap a Harvest of Happiness.

32. I am thankful for a sink full of dishes after every meal, because it means I have a family to share meals with me.
33. I am thankful for the taxes we pay, because it means we have a steady income.
34. I'm thankful for a $400.00 grocery bill because it means we have food to eat.
35. I am thankful for swollen, achy legs and heartburn because it means that there is new life growing within me.
36. I am thankful for rooms in the midst of renovation, drywall dust and clean-up because it means I have a home and a hard working handy man.
37. I am thankful for all the whining and complaining I hear about the government because it means we have freedom of speech.
38. I'm thankful for all the complaining about high gas prices because it reminds me I have transportation.
39. I am thankful for our huge heating bill because it means we are warm.
Every good thing and every perfect gift is from God. These good gifts come down from the Creator of the sun, moon and stars, Who does not change like their shifting shadows. James 1:17
photo: Vince Haaz
10 comments:
Oh thats a nice thankful list. TC
Fantastic thankful list dear.
A great and thoughtful TT post. And to think I was grumbling about my sinkful of dishes last night. *looks away embarrassed*
Gina R
Hi, I found your blog through Becky's and love reading your thoughts: this post is no exception! This is an awesome look at how we can find blessing in any circumstance. I am not a natural optimist, so thanks for showing me the good in most things I would not be thankful for!
I came over from TT because I WANT TO LIVE ON A PRAIRIE!! Your list is spot on....it's where we find HIM, in the details of our lives....
great list...
and I don't habitually speed...I try hard to pay attention to it...I'm also afraid of being pulled over...I've been and I HATE that feeling...sooooo......:)
Thanks for a great list...and the pic is beautiful on the sidebar of "your place..."
Happy Thursday,
lori
Can't claim creative credit for this folks, as I got the general idea from a generic email, (and the heating bill thing was pretty much word for word from there because it "fit the bill" if you'll pardon the pun) but the rest was just down home truth from a down home girl... nice to see you all!
I'm grinning again... just listened to "thankful for having to mow the lawn because it means I have a lawn to mow" too. What a great sermon, hey? So grateful to be in the grace of God.
I love your thankful list! Taking things that normally we whine about and finding the great reasons why we should be thankful for them!
Have a blessed week!
>>just listened to "thankful for having to mow the lawn because it means I have a lawn to mow" too. What a great sermon, hey?<<
Is this one of the Driscoll sermons? I haven't even heard that one yet, talk about coincidence! I just finished listening to grace yesterday and predestination today.... my brain is fried!
hmm... now I'm not sure where I heard it... I thought it was Driscoll's grace sermon from the current series. Maybe it was the "worship" one from a long time ago I had bounce through my earphones at me today. Yeah...um... coincidence? Never. :)
Post a Comment