Sowing Seeds of Thankfulness to Reap a Harvest of Happiness.

40. God
I'm thankful for a Father who reached out and adopted me from the miry muck of a lost life. Who took me in and clothed me in robes of righteousness from His own Son's armoire, and fed me the bread of life from His own table. Who welcomes me into His Living Room on a daily basis to put my feet up on His lap and revel in His company. Who greets me daily with a fresh cool drink of Living Water and a loving smile and embrace. All this, for such a wretch as I was and would be without His love that transformed and is transforming me.
41. The Rugrat (19 months)
-I'm thankful for my littlest foot rubber who comes to me with lotion in one pudgy little hand, tugging at my sock with the other. Holding out his hand for a lotion glob to rub on momma's foot as he chants "dub-dub-dub" (rub-a-dub-dub). The boy appears to have a foot fetish but this momma ain't complaining!
-I'm thankful for peaceful moments after lunch to lay down with this bundle of adorable flesh and breathe on his little pink baby face and watch his eyes slowly close as he drifts off to slumberland while rubbing a lock of my hair between his fingers.
-I'm thankful for his newest little words; "up-you". No, not "up yours" ;) but "up you" as in "up in your arms". Heart melting.
42. The Hero (4)
-I'm thankful for this boy's funny antics and verbalizations. While dishing up braised asparagus last week the kids were rather skeptical and curious as to this rare green. After explaining it was "asparagus" and VERY yummy, PS I cautiously lifted a forkful to his mouth, chewed and announced; "I don't think I like this
"assperiment". Oh dear, I about spewed some asparagus of my own.
43. The Poppet (6)
-I'm thankful for this girl's "joie de vivre" (sp?) everything is beautiful, every ray of sunlight a gift from the Father's hand, every moment an adventure to be unwrapped and appreciated. She enriches me and challenges me to cherish every moment.
44. Prairie Girl (8)
-I'm thankful for this girl's sensitive spirit. Always the one to draw near and take a hand, rub a shoulder, caress a head. Her hands are pure sunshine, and I realize I need to "warm" my own hands up toward her and others in my life when I feel her touch.
45. Prairie Guy
-I'm thankful for a hard working, practical man. No couch potato, he! And no need to hire someone else to do something that needs doing. He continuously amazes me with his abilities, gifts and courage to take on any task.
46. Simple Pleasures
-I'm thankful for warm(er) weather, warm enough to open the door or window while I work, the fresh air wafting in and invigorating me with fresh energy to be productive and instilling the daily-oft tedious tasks with new life and pleasure.
Every good thing and every perfect gift is from God. These good gifts come down from the Creator of the sun, moon and stars, Who does not change like their shifting shadows. James 1:17
8 comments:
This was such a beautiful thankful post, thanks for sharing.
That was lovely. Happy TT.
What a relationship! I'm adding you to my list of blog "friends" so I can click to be inspired!
Thanks~ Dawn :0)
I love your blog! IT inspires me to not get in a rut about my everyday tasks at home(you know school cooking cleaning again and again!). Your children are beautiful! I have read your blog for a while but never commented..I don't have a blog. I have a question for you what kind of good frugal meals do you fix? and how do you cloth them all? I have 3 little ones and find it very hard to do those two things. Hope you don't mind the questions..Love your blog!
>>I love your blog! IT inspires me to not get in a rut about my everyday tasks at home(you know school cooking cleaning again and again!).<<
Wow. Thanks! That makes me very happy!
>>I have read your blog for a while but never commented.<<
You know, there is something really nice about knowing I'm not just talking to myself, although I don't really mind doing that either... :D I love the incredible opportunity to "connect" with people who-knows-where right where I'm at.
>>I have a question for you what kind of good frugal meals do you fix and and how do you cloth them all? I have 3 little ones and find it very hard to do those two things. Hope you don't mind the questions..<<
Love the questions! Love to have more interaction happening here. I will gladly answer how things generally work around here in the grocery/clothing department... It could get long in a comment, (I'm terribly long winded if you haven't noticed!) so I will post about this later tonight or tommorrow morning in my TGIF entry.
Thanks for commenting and being part of my blogosphere meanderings!
Hi,
This is my first time to you awesome blog. So nice to meet you!
Your children are beautiful!
Yes, every gift is from above, God is soooooooooooo good!
Blessings♥
Sounds like God has given you a wonderful family. I have a husband who can fix things, too. Isn't it great? It saves so much money.
Isn't it wonderful how each of your kids have oh so different gift to enrich your life :)
I love to have all the doors open to let the spring in :)
Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us this past week.
Blessings to you and your precious family.
Post a Comment