have laundry sorted by hamper and room
have laundry PUT IN said hampers in said rooms EVERY DAY
wash said laundry by hamper once a week
and end up with
EIGHTEEN socks without partners in ONE LOAD???????
Seriously people, this issue is about to drive me to the brink of insanity. Prairie Guy and I were folding laundry last night and we both just stood dumbstruck as the pile of socks of kept growing and nary a match came to light. And this is not a one time occurence either, although 18 is definitely a record...
More Frog Fun
Goin' on a Frog hunt....
Gonna catch a frog.....
I'll just sneak up behind her....
So I don't scare him off....
Hooray not one but TWO frogs..... to Mama's slight chagrine
and two days after *that*, just look what we brought in..........
The mini ritz is compliments of The Rugrat who thought he would contribute by sharing his snack, the background music is compliments of the older three.... :D
10 comments:
LOVE LOVE LOVE the music! Where did you find it? On the serious question..your not the only one! We have missing socks too, and I just don't know how they get lost..I do have a funny story(well amazing story) about losing baby socks. One day my washing machine would not drain water from the normal cycle so I called the repair man and lo and behold he found a grown up SOCK caught up in the drain under the spinner thingy! I was like OK how did that get in there and he said it happens all the time! He even said other under garments would get caught(thank the good Lord my other under garments werent in there how embarassing would that be!) Anyways maybe you washing machine gets hungry and eats them like mine did! LOL! Very great post today tell the kids they did a wonderful job on the song and pictures and the mini ritz of course! Have a great weekend! I am praying for you and the upcoming arrival of the new one!
Boy, do I understand about the sox!!
Drives me batty!!!
Oh Joy, that is too funny! I have often suspected my machine must be consuming them, how can they just DISAPPEAR??? This song was a fave of mine when I was a kid, Barry McGuire and the Agape singers sang it back then, this is a newer version, and of course I prefer the old one, but I couldn't find it on Imeem... alas. Fun, huh?
Thanks for your comment on my blog...
I just had to come back & tell you that I love the picture of your barn & windmill....makes me a bit homesick for eastern KS....
My husband has long held the belief that a few socks from every pack dissolve when you wash them :o)
Love your blog!
Lauren
It is my belief that dryers EAT socks!!! It's a mystery for sure..but I am sure that EVERYONE experiences this. I did hear a pretty good tip on how to stop this. Find those net bags and designate one for each member of the family, secure the socks in the bag, and wash and dry them in the bag, hopefully when you take them out of the dryer, you will have both socks to each pair!!
Missing socks-eternal problem. Although I feel like I've made a small dent in the evil sock black hole. I put a plastic three drawer container next to the wash/dryer and it's labeled with my kids names. I just put all the socks in there. I'm finding more mates this way! This was found on Works for me Wed. And so far, so good!
Btw, thanks for visiting me this weekend while I've been in bed recovering. Your comments cheered me up!
I was once at my neighbors' house and we were all watching a movie. The mom picked up a laundry basket to fold while she watched. She got to the end and had, no exaggeration, 50something ODD SOCKS! Now, they do have a family of 11, so there are lots of socks floating around, but that seemed crazy.
Her solution years ago? She just takes 2 socks that are about the same size, who cares the color, and matches them up! The kids are always in mismatched socks. I just laughed and laughed! What's funny is that I've noticed the boys especially in mismatched socks and have said something like, "Did you get dressed in the dark???". They've always looked at me like they didn't understand. Now I get it! That is the norm around there. LOL! You could always just give in and give up!
Oooh, good ideas here ladies,
Technonana, I have thought of doing the bags for socks, wasn't sure the socks would actually make it into the bag, but I guess it's one more training item I could put on my list!
Kristen, you are still in my prayers, and thanks for the tip! I do have a sock bin, but currently ALL the socks without matches go in there and get sorted once a week, I can see how it would definitely be a lot easier to have one of those little rubbermaid stands with drawers for each member of the family. I think I am definitely going to implement this one!
Gina, I've grown a lot more laid back with every child, but I think it would take me 11 kids to get *that* laid back, LOL.... too funny!
I say we attack the evil force and stage a protest. From May through September, I propose we boycott socks altogether. Once the socks realize we don't really need them, THEY'LL join forces and stick together as pairs! Ha. So there.
PS. To my lovely socks... I really do miss having you together. RIP wherever you are.
Post a Comment