Friday, May 23, 2008

Around the Farm

Celebrating Family, Fellowship and Fun on the Farm...

It's been a busy week around here, fatal for hundred year old trees, 50 year old sidewalks, and unharrowable fields. Disclaimer, these are not my usual "pretty" pictures. These are the nitty gritty "before" pics that are necessary ir you are to truly appreciate the "after" pictures to come!

"The Tree" (hundred year old poplar that sent Prairie Guy into allergic fits come June) Is Down.

Before

After

During



The Sidewalk is Gone
Before


After


The Fire is Out
This field is right across the road from us!

Those are our trees to the left of the road!

This is looking from our yard, through our trees, at the fire!


The Fence is Up





Wow. I'm exhausted, and all I did was take pictures ;-). Actually, while the men were busy demolishing, I was busy planting new life. I finished planting the garden and got all my annuals transplanted in between breastfeeds and barbecuing... All in all a very productive and interesting week! I'm excited about all the up and coming projects on the house this summer!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You guys have been busy. Love the before and after pictures. Remodeling takes patience and lots of work..but it is worth it. You have a beautiful place. Thanks for letting us see too! Hope you are doing well and chicklets also, have a great weekend!
Joy

Chris said...

What a lot of work!! Must have been hard watching that tree come down. We're doing well, arrived safely... good to be together at a time like this.