Friday, August 15, 2008

Of Falling Meteors and Full Moons

I'm a sucker for nightime nature displays. Northern lights, lightning, meteors, full moons. I stay up for hours freezing my heiny off to enjoy these majestic displays of heavenly beauty. I had high hopes of capturing some of the meteor shower on film last night, but unfortunately it was overcast. Tonight, seeing it was clear, I headed out, camera in hand. Alas, no meteors to be seen. They're up there. But they were outshone by the brilliance of this illuminated sphere.Hold on a sec, we could do without those distracting leaves in the forefront that are stealing the focus from what we really want to see. Isn't that spectacular??? I sat in awe and pondered. How even meteors fade in the light of greater glory. Like falling meteors before a harvest moon will our earthly existence fade to black in the light of His eternal majesty. "It is of no account that we are nought. He shines upon His dust and His dust shines." ~Amy Carmichael in Gold by Moonlight


8 comments:

Unknown said...

Makes me want to stay up tonight and go to take some moon shots. Really heavenly!

Krista said...

Amy Carmichael was an awesome woman of God. I love that you used one of her quotes! Fabulous pictures!

Shining dust,
Krista

NanaNor's said...

Beautiful!!!Thank you for sharing, it makes me take time to reflect on the glory of the Lord. Blessings to you this day.
Noreen

Joy said...

Very pretty thanks for sharing!
I haven't had a chance to stop by in a while..still busy canning
love your post..still reading and studying as well just not able to meet at the well..can't wait to get back to normal(if there is such a thing..)
Joy

Dawn said...

Beautiful! Looks like you could reach out and touch it!

Berry Girl said...

gorgeous.

In The Masters Hands said...

Absolutley beautiful!! Great pictures, Makes me feel like a tiny little speck in the broad specturm of things and yet in all this majesty He still has time for little ole me. Pretty amazing. Brandie

Mrs. Simonsays said...

Just...WOW!