Friday, August 22, 2008

Thankful 265 & Counting

Sowing Seeds of Thankfulness, to Reap a Harvest of Happiness.


I'm thankful for simple pleasures...
  • 265 toasted tomato sandwiches
  • 266 the soft muzzle of a horse breathing against my neck
  • 267 wet kids with mile wide grins, so easy to please
  • 268 heated discussions that somehow succeed in melding married hearts closer together after the flames subside (how does that work anyway?).
  • 269 first moments of the day, quiet and alone with Him and His word. He moves me.
  • 270 last minute barbecues with super duper neighbours
  • 271 friends with pools who call me up on hot days
  • 272 a fantastic deal on a new boat that actually will fit all of our family and a few friends to boot.
  • 273 the smile on the kids face when they made their very first purchase with the money from their kittens, a trampoline. (I will have to tell this story when I get a chance, it's another God moment).
  • 274 the prospect of coffee (yes, B-girl, I can still enjoy a coffee :P even more I would say now that I am consciously and sparingly choosing it, kind of like a once a week dessert pleasure when you're on a diet, hah!) 275 donuts and and 276 an after swim bakery date with good friends who make you feel warm and happy inside.

Life is good.

Every good thing and every perfect gift is from God. These good gifts come down from the Creator of the sun, moon and stars, Who does not change like their shifting shadows. James 1:17

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Visitng your blog always makes me smile and very peaceful inside! Have a great weekend and I loved the simple pleasures!

Mac an Rothaich said...

Sounds good:) I was so thankful for free entry kiddy pools this summer... they are closed now but they where a saving grace to this pregnant lady:)

my4blessings said...

Thoroughly enjoyed this post. I don't know how those fiery conversations forge unity, but they do. We have those around here too. :o)

Dawn said...

I cross your name off your list and call it mine!

And the fiery conversations... yep, we have 'em, too - I think it is that they open communication (loudly sometimes!) that had perhaps been bottled up in us. Allows you to move on.

Blessings on your weekend together!

Jude said...

It's good to savour the moments of everyday wonderful.

NanaNor's said...

Love your thankful heart; reading it makes me so thankful for thelittle things in life and for sisters in the Lord who cause me to stop and ponder. bless you today.
Noreen