
No Man is an Island.
67. Today I am thankful I am not an island.
68. I am thankful for all the wonderful, diverse, enriching relationships that are woven through the threads of my life.
69. For my husband, Prairie Guy, who blesses me daily with his unconditional love and respect.
70. For my kids who bring me such laughter and teach me things about life, love and What Really Matters in the simplest ways, but with the greatest impact.
71. For my friends and church family who love me, and are THERE for me, rejoicing when I rejoice and sympathizing when I suffer.
72. For blogger buddies, okay that might sound corny, but I am truly blessed by the virtual opportunity to "gather at the well" with y'all periodically throughout the day or week and hear your stories and share my own... in this day and age, it's a way that I can socialize while going about my duties, much as the women did in biblical days and I am THANKFUL for the technology that makes that possible.
73. For animals... corny again? But they bring such joy and companionship... new little lives frisking and frollicking, bleating and nickering, playing animal tag and just relishing the spring air and sounds.
74. Lastly, but most of all, I am thankful for a personal relationship with the Lord of all Creation and the Giver of Every Good Gift and Sustainer of Life. I was moved to tears in my quiet time this morning when I read about the banquet God has prepared for His people in Isaiah 25:6-9
"The Lord All-Powerful will prepare a feast on this mountain for all people. It will be a feast with all the best food and wine, the finest meat and wine. On this mountain God will destroy the veil that covers all nations, the veil that stretches over all peoples; He will destroy death forever. The Lord God will wipe away every tear from every face. he will take away the shame of His people from the earth. The Lord has spoken. At that time people will say, "Our God is doing this! We have waited for Him, and He has come to save us. This is the Lord. We waited for Him, so we will rejoice and be happy when He saves us."
Oh what a feast. Oh what fellowship. Oh what a hope. Even so, come Lord Jesus. We await you.
Every good thing and every perfect gift is from God. These good gifts come down from the Creator of the sun, moon and stars, Who does not change like their shifting shadows. James 1:17
Care to join me in Giving Thanks to the Giver of Good Gifts today??
6 comments:
Great Thankful post!
Things I am thankful for:
A messy house that I woke up to this morning for this mess proves to me that we live in our home with 3 little blessings sent from God himself that make such wonderful messes! For hand prints on my windows and doors to clean,for this shows I have 6 little hands in my home!
For rain even though I wanted to ride my horse today and my daughter wanted to ride hers. For this rain brings NEW life from Gods creation.For boots that I trip over when trying to do laundry. Those boots remind me of a husband whose is out laboring for his family.For runny noses ands coughs that I must tend too even when I don't feel like it at least I have them to tend to! Some mothers may be laying their child to rest today! I am thankful for ONE more day with my beautiful children and husband. For breath because even our next breath isn't guarenteed.
AND MOST OF ALL for Jesus Christ my savior! It is through him that all things are possible. (even small things) I am thankful that I know him as my savior and heavenly father. Thankful for Grace, and that I know he always sends more Grace to make it through whatever trial I may face today! Thank you Lord for your saving Grace!
Great to see you feeling better and sorry to ramble on!
your friend in Christ,
Joy(TN)
oh Joy! What a joyful and wonderful thanksgiving, it brought tears to my eyes, I LOVE it. Thanks so much for sharing your joyful/thankful heart with me today, it blessed me.
I love your beautiful, and very thankful heart.
Most Thankful for anytime we say "Father" we have fellowship with HIM ..for having the power of prayer and for knowing HE is listening to every word and supplies those we don't have.
For friends who come over for a quick tossed salad w/grilled ck and good conversation and prayer!
For friends who call just to say "hey I love ya!and before they hang up say "wanna pray"!
For blog friends who post reminders and faith building tips the enlighten and edify others!
"Happy Thanksgiving"~ Dawn :0)
I too love the Spring - all the new life around us makes me soul sing.
I love the Scripture passage you have shared - what a wonderful feast will await us. And I will meet so many women that I have met through blogging :)
Thank you so much for sharing your grateful and cheerful heart with us this week.
Blessings to you and yours today and always.
Great list!
And, by the way, I don't think being thankful for the animals is corny at all! I'm so grateful for ours as I gather eggs each day or go out to the barn to feed our bottle-baby goats and hear their cries as they hear us coming near. I think it is a fantastically satisfying gift from God to get to be the caretaker of animals, which is all the more satisfying when those animals are designed to give back to us in the form of eggs, meat, milk, or work. It's a pleasure most of America doesn't know & I'm thankful I get the opportunity.
Post a Comment