Call us strange. But this time of year you can find us playing at the cemetery.
We don’t really go there to pay traditional respect.
Some might think us rather uncouth.
We don’t dress to impress.
and our kids are what some might consider uncultured.
But this is our culture.
We like to celebrate.
and what could be more worthy of celebration than this?
Spring.
a risen Savior.
Home. (our yard in view across the field)
Family.
Friends
and a graveyard where for only a few days of this prairie year the water pools
and flows.
and draws us to these banks to pause
to ponder.
to play
and to celebrate.
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. John 10:10
“But whoever drinks the water I give will never be thirsty. The water I give will become a spring of water gushing up inside that person, giving eternal life.” John 4:14
“If anyone believes in me, rivers of living water will flow out from that person's heart.” John 7:37
"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good. Blessed is the man who places his hope in Him." Psalm 34:8
16 comments:
Easter blessings to you and yours dear friend. Loved seeing your gang out playing together, celebrating spring and the arrival of new life.
Life is Jesus-new grace and mercies every morning.
Hugs to you.
Noreen
Easter blessings, my friend! Looks like a fun time at the cemetary. For believers, it is a reminder of those who have gone home - more a place of rejoicing than sorrow, really.
I like your culture! I agree with Dawn, for believers a cemetary is a reminder to rejoice that sorrow may last for the moment but joy comes in the morning. Joy each morning when we celebrate His new life and that life given for and to us. Resurrection blessings!
What a wonderful way to celebrate. Looks like you can see the ground, so the sow is gone (almost). Love the pictures. I can imagine so many lessons that could be taught with a grave and with balloons. Thanks for sharing. Come over and enjoy the video I posted (with sons help :o)
Good times! How lovely! CELEBRATE!
Happy Resurrection Day! It looks like you and your family had a wonderful time, and I am so glad spring has arrived where you live!
Celebrating with you!
Blessings!
P.C.,
Happy Resurrection Sunday! What a great way to celebrate this day. I loved the pictures of celebration of life and spring.
Peace to you,
Alleluiabelle
It looks like you had a great time. So glad! While I was at your place on Friday I had a memory of one person who is buried in that graveyard - my grandfather. One time when he was visiting us I was walking with him just down the road past the two graves on the yard. He turned to me and with his twinkling blue eyes told me about how one day people would rise again from those graves. He was delighted to think of the new life that was coming. Cemetaries are places of sorrow and hope. The sacred is also expressed with joy.
I am glad you had such a wonderful day celebrating Life: the lives of those closest to you, the life of our risen Saviour and the new life we have in Him! Leanne
Beautiful photos and words. We live about a mile from a country cemetery, across the road from our church. We, too, are cemetery explorers. We study the names, dates and headstone inscriptions to imagine the lives of those buried there -- to imagine (as it is said) how they "lived the dash."
Happy Easter!
I love to go to cemeteries. I visit our often and do research in ours for those who are searching for a name, a date, etc.
Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
I am so glad to hear someone else say that they go to a cemetary to have fun! Some of the greatest memories I have from childhood were the many trips to the cemetary in Pleasant Hill with my dad and sis. He had a rusty red Ford pickup that was always just about ready to die and he'd take us to get one candy bar and one soda to share between the three of us since we didn't have much money. And we'd go around and look and enjoy the scenary and the quietness and the trees. I say there is no greater irony than celebrating "life" among death...glad EASter was so enjoyable!
amen and amen...
Dear Kindred Girlfriend,
I have been away for a bit, but am back and rejoicing to see your celebrations and signs of Spring. No snow and icicles -- cause enough to celebrate; but paired with a gift of New Life and an annual remembrance . . . well, it just doesn't get better than that.
Whew! I've caught up, but can hardly promise not to fall behind with so much life brimming for BOTH of us. It's been fun . . . as always.
Hope you had a blessed Easter and that the joy will carry on over and throughout the rest of the days. With flowers set to unfurl I guarantee you'll be smiling (I know I am after a particularly long winter around here -- literally and figuratively).
: D
Oh man. This topped last year by far. Sheep, balloons, Bunick... way too cool. That turkey was awesome, and I was so happy to see such a great turnout! This is easily a new favorite holiday. You and Pguy are terrific. We'd love to get together again soon.
I love the pictures! I've always wished I could live on a farm with lots of land so I could find awesome places to capture with photos...Your family is precious.
Post a Comment