The tulips were a gift from a friend who saw them and thought of me (isn’t that sweet?). Unlike the rest of you southern girls who are delighting in honeysuckle and all kinds of other lovely things budding and blossoming (Leanne, what you wrote in your card to me about your Bradford Pear petals just about did me in =) ) it will be weeks before the earliest buds of my own irises and tulips will begin to poke through the still freezing ground. Until then I treasure signs of light and life within, such as these carnations I had picked up a week ago already at the grocery store for $4.99 They have given me more joy this week than framed art ever could. Hand crafted by God.
Whence is yonder flower so strangely bright?
Would the sunset's last reflected shine
Flame so red from that dead flush of light?
Dark with passion is its lifted line,
Hot, alive, amid the falling night.
9 comments:
Love the flowers and the poem and the frame (how do you do that?) The buttons (if that is what they are called?) on the side are so cute. They are springy and say Faith, Hope, Joy and Love. The first three are my Girlie's middle names. Now I need one that says Grace. If I knew how to do that I would put them on my blog. I am rather limited (o:
I love stopping by here for a few minutes. The music and pictures and your wonderful words are always a nice pick me up.
Hugs
Amy
I agree with grammy's comments. You are such a talented woman P.C. I'm amazed every time I come here whether it be for inspiration, encouragement, love, scenic pictures, beauty in these beautiful carnations along with the poetry and the way it makes me feel. Ahhhh...I absolutely love it here...and I really like some of the changes you made to your home page. I would like to change the look of mine. You know it's like hair, after a while you feel you need a change.
All I can say P.C., it's lookin good, it's feelin good and I'm lovin it here.
Hugs,
Alleluiabelle
That is how I felt when we saw how much snow you all had!! :-) Maybe we should trade houses for a week!
I just read your stories about your boys, lol that is hilarious!!!!!!!! And yes, I can see why he thought his hands were dirty! :-) Oh, the fun of raising boys, I know all about that!! Have a great day! Leanne
Those sweet flowers should help a little with those winter "blues". I bought a little bunch of yellow ones over a week ago, and they are still sitting prettily on the little table by the front door. They are so delicately sweet and at the same time so hardy. I love them.
I well remember living up north and gazing out the window this time of year at the stark landscape, longing for sunshine and warmth. Winter can seem very long indeed.
If I could, I'd wrap up a bit of sunshine and warm weather and send it north.
Bring on the flowers!
Hi P.C.,
You must know by now how much of a 'fan' of yours I am...to see what that means...please stop by my site. I have a surpise there for you.
You are such an inspiration to me. I just simply love you and your blog.
Hugs,
Alleluiabelle
Beautiful words you've chosen for your beautiful collages! (Are those Picnik collages? :)) Tulips are one of my favorite flowers.
You are so very talented. Someday you should publish a book.
Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/
Post a Comment