Mr. Martin Brennan in “The Great Wheel” by Robert Lawson.
Oh, could we relate as we read this out on the porch with the praises of spring just filling our lungs and throats to bursting. No gloomy silence here… we are singing right along with the birds of the air to the tune of the sunshine.
8 comments:
So lovely to have birds back. The kids have been really interested in them this year since they put out a bird feeder:)
I am so happy you all are experiencing some beautiful spring weather. It just fills my heart to overflowing when I feel the warm breeze and the warmth of the sun & of course the beautiful things that are beginning to bloom. Leanne
I just cleaned and repositioned my bird bath for the spring and the birds have already found it. I love to watch them bathe then hop to a low tree branch to flutter-dry and preen!
The squirrels, those little stinkers, destroyed my bird feeder over the winter and I have to replace it. But, the hummingbirds have returned since I filled the hanging basket on my back patio with pretty blooming flowers.
Now... Max, my cat...
He's not so fond of the birds. My hubby always says he's thinking, "Tastes like chicken!" as he watches them in the yard. Ha!
I am so glad you are having sunshine!
We had a couple of cold and windy days and I was really worried as we were having the boys 4K class here today for their Easter party. Well, God gave us a glorious day! Gorgeous blue skies, a gentle breeze, and temperatures in the high 60s... it was wonderful! All the kids had fun, and my house stayed clean, what a nice blessing, since all the kids played out back!
Blessings!
Sunshine...Did you say sunshine? We didn't have any of that yesterday or today. We had snow showers on and off both days. Thank the Lord it didn't stay on the ground long, but when I saw those flakes coming down once again I said, "WHAT" and turned my head in the other direction. Don't get me wrong, I love the winter, but it's spring now. Come on...I've had enough already.
Love the pictures of the birds P.C. and I can just hear them sweetly singing.
Hugs,
Alleluiabelle
We had a very sunny day today. We just can't stand staying in the playroom anymore. Winter cause us to be stir crazy. I can't believe that they have completely forgot all the rules about the sand box. heehee
Although we have winter birds and they too chrip and sing, I am so very happy when the spring birds and the summer birds arrive.
Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
I'm so happy you have sunshine. I love to hear the little birds just singing their hearts out. They sound so full of joy - and so should we!
Post a Comment