
It's a busy day for me, I'm cleaning and cooking and making special plans for passover supper with my family and close friends. My brain is not idle either. Contemplating HIM as He and His disciples prepared themselves for their passover meal together. THE passover meal. Where everything foreshadowed would come to pass. Where HE would become the lamb of atonement and His love would be poured out as a sacrifice for many, offered to us as the emblem that would seal this New Covenant of redemption.
Specifically, right now, I am contemplating Jesus and His friendships. The time He took to invest in the lives of those He loved. The *way* He loved them. Jesus was (and is) a friend who sticks closer than a brother. Even while He was cognizant of Judas manipulative plans to betray their friendship, He didn't pull back. No, he drew even nearer. He chose to honor Judas by proffering him the sop (an emblem of favor and deep intimacy).
Wow. What about me? Do I love my friends with that kind of love? How about my "enemies"? Jesus never even saw a soul as his enemy. To Him, they were all people who needed His love, His forgiveness, His redemption. And He gave it. Poured out. Laid on the altar. And He gently beckons me to do the same. To love the (apparently) unlovely, to forgive the shortcomings of fallen humanity and to claim His redemption in all areas of life.... including my relationships. I'm so glad He's my friend. The kind of friend that sticks closer than a brother. I will do my best to follow His lead.
11 comments:
That's a very good point you mention about Jesus seeing his enemies as someone who in fact needed His love.
I must admit, that loving my enemies, the ones who intentionally hurt me, is a work in progress for me. I am finding it hard to do this, especially with my mother, who has disowned me not once, or twice or even three times....but over and over, for years each time (changing her phone number...everything). She still has not met my husband of 6 years or two kids. That's how hurtful she is.
Your post is convicting for me to read because I know I need to love her inspite of it all, with the help of God. I'm going to begin praying more for her so that Christ will place even more of His followers in her path so that she will know what true, unconditional (HIS) love really means.
Hi P.C.,
I can see you specially preparing things for your passover supper. I can see you lovingly performing each task with such tenderness and love. I can see you as you do these things for your family and your friends, but especially for Him, for what He did for us. Taking in each thought as you prepare and possibly wipe away a tear, or two, or three.
It's all about Him and what He did for us and you know what? You are one special lady who uplifts, encourages, fills and inspires all of us who come here to read, to see what you have put on here today because you love the Lord so much, and your family, and your friends.
Thank you Jesus for the cross. Thank you for dying for all mankind so that we can have a chance living in an eternal life with you.
Thank you P.C. for this powerful post. Thank you for making us think about what passover is all about and the wonderful resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Hugs, Love & Peace to you and your family.
Alleluiabelle
Simply... AMEN!
Be blessed this weekend, my sister in Christ!
Amen! :-)
Hey Praire Chick!
How wonderful that you are preparing a passover meal... what a special time you and your family are sure to have, and what special memories your children will have...
I must say that I am convicted about loving my enemies as Christ loved His... although I can't really think of any "enemies" I really have, but I can think of quite a few who are hard to love... and you have reminded me that I need to pray for God to help me see them through His eyes and not my own, for Him to put His love for them into my heart, and that He has called me to share His love with the hard to love, for His love is the love that will change them...
Thanks my sweet friend! Have a wonderful Easter celebration and Resurrection Day!
Blessings!
Joy to you, for this day stand amazing in each of our lives!
Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/
I was praying for you and thinking of you last night, just as Alleluiabelle was sharing... imagining the sweet and bittersweet feelings during your preparation. I pray that it was wonderful and memorable. Looking forward to the 'He is Risen' of Sunday and every day! Can't wait for a hug from you in an hour or so!
The symbolism of the Passover lamb, the cup of redemption, the question: "Why Is This Night Different From All Other Nights?" ... So rich.
It just drops me to my knees in awe.
Have a blessed Easter, friend.
sometimes I am at a loss of "how" to love...in what way to express it...that is when I need to pray more...
Lovely soul searching thoughts. Have a wonderful passover meal and fellowship with family and friends.
Yes, yes. My prayer is to let me see others with His eyes. Those eyes that penetrate to the heart and see the lovely in the unlovely and the need in angry eyes.
Blessings to you and your family sweet girl on this very special weekend.
Post a Comment